“Fabulous food”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ashburton
Llanelli
“Fabulous food”
Reviewed 4 October 2013 via mobile

Called here for a meal while staying at Gage's Mill which is a 3 minute walk away. Travelling on business, I felt very comfortable eating here on my own, having found a little corner to sit in away from other diners. I ordered lasagne which came with garlic bread & salad. The lasagne was beautiful and the garlic bread possibly the best I have ever tasted. The salad was fresh and delicious too. I was mistakenly brought chips prior to my lasagne, which had actually been ordered by another diner. When I pointed out the mistake, they apologised, brought my lasagne and told me I could keep the chips as well, which although I only had room for a few, were chunky, homemade and delicious. The menu choice was good, prices were very good, atmosphere and service superb and the food even better. I would thoroughly recommend.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
torquay
Reviewed 22 September 2013

our daughters wedding day was fantastic. Di was the perfect hostess. The marquee was
perfectly decorated,food was superb. We had a disco and hog roast in the evening again superb.
The whole day was just wonderful. Would highly recommend Di and her staff for anyone out there wanting a wedding venue. Stayed overnight and the breakfast was great plenty of choice and top marks for the tasty sausages. Many thanks again Di for all your help in making Claire and Gary's day so perfect

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Newton abbot
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Dartmoor lodge well done very impressed with room decor and some of the food.Staff were all helpful the two barman were excellent quick service great customer care from both of them.Evening reception was good loved the candy cart very quirky my only gripe was the dj she was awful spent more time trying to look the part playing rap music thinking she was cool than listening to what people were asking her to play when she did listen to the guests the dance floor was full then back to her rap music and everyone would sit down and it was no way loud enough for that size room that was the only moan I heard from any of the guests was about your dj and loudness of music other than that well done Dartmoor Lodge

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Diane C, Owner at The Dartmoor Lodge, responded to this review, 4 September 2013
Many thanks for your review.

The DJ was not booked by us , all the entertainment was booked by Ian & Harriet themselves!!

We are delighted that you enjoyed Ian & Harriet's Wedding celebrations.
Buckfastleigh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Me and a couple friends decided to eat here on a Sunday afternoon after a couple dodgy choices in the local area. We hadn't booked and it although it was extremely busy, staff managed to get us in. The service was great from start to finish, polite and friendly, nothing was too much trouble. Slightly more dearer than some of the local pubs but we all agreed that it was worth it. I would recommend this place and I would be happy to eat here again...

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Romford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 August 2013

Staff at Dartmoor Lodge were fantastic. We could have our Dachshund in the room with us and also while we dined in the bar area. For anyone with a dog or 2 looking for a break on the Moors I really do recommend this place. Rooms were comfortable and the food was good. Good location, excellent views. Happy we stayed.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sydney
Reviewed 24 August 2013

We last stayed at Dartmoor Lodge 3 years ago and I would like to compliment the owners on the improvements that have been made to the hotel. They were so proud of their updated rooms that they showed them to us so that we could compare them with our last stay. Our room was one of the newly renovated rooms in the annex and it was very comfortable with a king size bed. The breakfast was its usual high standard. The Sunday Carvery was excellent value and thoroughly enjoyed.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

I have had a few meals at the Dartmoor Lodge as well as a murder mystery night. The food is lovely and the staff are always welcoming and helpful.
We recently had a big family meal (14 of us) the waitress that took our orders was great and an asset to the place. We had a choice of four meats for the carvery and a variety of vegtables. The chef asked us if we wanted more meat and you could go up for more vegtables if you wanted (we didn't as we were so full! ).
Overall I would fully recommend the Dartmoor Lodge for a great meal and service.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburton
The Edgemoor Country House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Chagford
Two Bridges Hotel
Two Bridges Hotel
#1 of 2 in Two Bridges

Been to The Dartmoor Lodge? Share your experiences!