Called here for a meal while staying at Gage's Mill which is a 3 minute walk away. Travelling on business, I felt very comfortable eating here on my own, having found a little corner to sit in away from other diners. I ordered lasagne which came with garlic bread & salad. The lasagne was beautiful and the garlic bread possibly the best I have ever tasted. The salad was fresh and delicious too. I was mistakenly brought chips prior to my lasagne, which had actually been ordered by another diner. When I pointed out the mistake, they apologised, brought my lasagne and told me I could keep the chips as well, which although I only had room for a few, were chunky, homemade and delicious. The menu choice was good, prices were very good, atmosphere and service superb and the food even better. I would thoroughly recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HRS so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Dartmoor National Park/Ashburton