“Dinner at restaurant”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Ashburton
Ashburton, United Kingdom
“Dinner at restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014

Have eaten here a few times of late and always found the food very good with excellent presentation. The staff are attentive and very obliging. They all have a welcoming smile and nothing is too much trouble. Would recommend the restaurant with confidence. The hotel has the added plus of ample parking situated just off the A38.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Maureen R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed over night for a wedding with family and friends the place was spotless, food was amazing and diane and staff were lovely , gorgeous surroundings , anyone looking for a wedding venue this place is lovely or just pop in for a bite to eat and drink

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Dorothy C
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed at Dartmoor Lodge for most of June, when I was on business in Devon and I must say the staff and food are fantastic, nothing was too much of a bother. The rooms could slowly do with a bit of updating and the only gripe I had was VERY SLOW internet. But I would definitely stay there again. Mrs J Russell

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Jutta R
Midlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

I initially booked a table at the Dartmoor Lodge for a meal. When I turned up they were having a themed evening around 'Allo Allo'. Everyone, including those who worked there were dressed in the stereo typed french costume and there were some actors who kept enacting the 'Allo Allo' scenes together with those eating. It was great fun and the food was excellent too. I would recommend the Dartmoor Lodge, both the price and the food was/is excellent.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SeanBean1
Ascot, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We recently stayed at the Dartmoor lodge hotel as we had a wedding nearby. I had a look at the website which my family and I thought looked fantastic, clean and bright fresh rooms... What a completely and utter letdown !!
The check in process was smooth and the lady was very polite and accommodating. We were showed to our room which was in a seperate block to the hotel itself. We walked up some dark green damp stairs into what could only be described as a coffin corridor with disgustingly dirty windows. My mother tripped over the door frame as it was sticking up from the floor!
The bedrooms were dated, pokey and the bathroom was dirty. For £98 we were expecting a lot more! We have stayed in plenty of hotels in England and I wouldn't expect to pay over £50 for this particular room!! My brother and mothers were the same if not worse!!
They are clearly showing their best rooms on their website and I felt disappointed at what we were provided. I have attached pictures of the bathroom to show how dirty it was!

Stayed July 2014
2 Thank Roofyrkh
Bishops Stortford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

What a great find! Myself and many colleagues stayed at the Dartmoor Lodge for over a month and we were very well looked after! We got to know the staff on a first name basis and they us also. Always pleasant, smiling and happy to help. The food was excellent! Great variety on the menu with a fantastic carvery and a good selection of wines too. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and I slept well every night!
Thank you so much to Di, Trevor, Liz, Andy, Tom, Kelly, Claudia, Jade and all the staff at The Dartmoor Lodge. Our stay was fabulous!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank FJWilson
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

I was here for a month working on a film. I could not tell you how helpful and wonderful the staff were. They were saints to put up with us for that long! Every member of staff was polite, helpful and made an effort to learn our names which added a little something extra. We will always appreciate them for being there for us when we came in late, got up early, took over their breakfast area. Really kind and wonderful service xx

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank lisa s
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashburton
The Edgemoor Country House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Chagford
Two Bridges Hotel
Two Bridges Hotel
#1 of 2 in Two Bridges

Been to The Dartmoor Lodge? Share your experiences!