When I first saw the photos of the Dartmoor Lodge it looked a little unwelcoming, so I was unsure how good it would be. How wrong I was. We were put in a room with a four poster, which actually does not cost a lot more than a standard room, the breakfasts were cooked to perfection and the two evening meals we had were fantastic. I was surprised that they were not busier. I few fairy lights and a lot more flowers outside would make it more appealling but dont let the photos put you off. It is excellent. We would definitely come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, LateRooms and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Dartmoor National Park/Ashburton