On arrival staff were surly and unhelpful. The family room was large but the decor was old and tired. The mould and peeling paint in the bathroom was off putting, as was the pubic hair in the lower bunk bed which made me suspect that the sheets had not been changed / cleaned between guests. Fortunately the sheets in the upper bunk bed were clean so my daughter slept there. I was relieved that we had only booked one night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Now under private ownership, the Dartmoor Lodge, nestled between rolling hills on the edge of Dartmoor, yet deceptively close to the A38. Perfect base to explore the beautiful Devon countryside. Beamed restaurant, open fire, locally sourced produce. Friendly and efficient staff. 22 en-suite rooms, meeting/conference facilities, function rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Dartmoor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- Dartmoor Hotel Ashburton
- The Dartmoor Lodge Dartmoor National Park/Ashburton