“Great food and service and a pleasant ambience”
Review of Moorish

Moorish
Ranked #5 of 18 Restaurants in Ashburton
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 25 September 2013

My wife and I and two friends decided to book here after deciding we didn't really want 'pub' food' again [nothing against that, by the way!]. We both love Spanish food and also have enjoyed Moroccan cuisine so this restaurant, combining both, intrigued us. We weren't disappointed. The service was excellent - friendly and informed - and the food heavenly. My wife and I had fish with chicory and fennel which was really good and our friends had Lamb Tagine and said their's was great. We had a delicious Manzanilla Sherry as an aperitif, starters [four different kinds of tapas] the main meal, with wine [I had a soft drink because I was driving!], a pudding each and coffee to finish all for around £120. We all would very much recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank paddleboarder
There are newer reviews for Moorish

Reviewed 7 September 2013

Arrived to be greeted warmly and attentively by the waiting staff. I decided on a three course meal with starter of the most delicious Olives I've ever tasted then had beautiful main meal of lamb followed by decadent dessert. I cannot fault the food or the service. Both were excellent! In fact I have already highly recommended it to friends and family.

The atmosphere at Moorish was warm and welcoming and judging by the other diners a good place to relax and savour both food and ambience!

I will return!

Reviewed 3 September 2013

A real treat serving tapas style food with impeccable flavours. Food and service all done with a smile and great suggestions.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We called in for a cooked breakfast in August and first impressions were great. Organic coffee, lots of lovely food descriptions on the boards... The chef replaced the over-crispy bacon with perfectly cooked bacon with no fuss. Sausage was great as were the other items on the plate. The bread though! Why serve thin bread from an ordinary sliced loaf when there is an Artisan baker a couple of doors away! Artisan bread is served with other items as we could see from the food descriptions so why not for breakfast?
The bread aside, this was a fine place to relax and eat with good service.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

Arrived without a booking, given an extremely warm welcome and invited to wait (having just been turned away from other places) the waiting girls were engaging, smiling kept us informed made us feel that our custom was wanted. The wait was worth it the food was excellent. Opted for the main meal rather than tapas, but the tapas looked delicious as it was coming out.
The service was outstanding, the front of house was managed with calm capability made to feel a valuable customer.
Definately will go back.