Lavender House Hotel
Gages Mill(Ashburton)
US$120
US$97
  • Breakfast included
Ilsington Country House Hotel and Spa(Ilsington)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$147
US$174
TripAdvisor
Pitchup.com
All reviewsgroupon dealshort breaksummer housebed was very comfortablecream teaboth morningsnight breakexcellent value for moneyopen fireevening mealwedding venuecomplimentary toiletriesbar areastayed here for nightsa wonderful stayexcellent hostsquiet location
Reviewed 19 April 2014

it been a while but i must say how lovely this hotel was and how very nice the proprieters were staying up and serving drinks into the wee hours, the food was lovely and the fire a lovely focal point in the lounge bar.

Room Tip: head to the house of marbles near by a happy couple of hours reliving my childhood
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stuart W
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We held our wedding here on March 28th 2014. What an amazing venue. The food was gorgeous, the time and effort that keith and Carol gave us was unbelievably, so patient and supportive. Nothing was too much trouble for them. I planned my wedding for 15 months and they made it perfect for us. I would recommend thisplace to anyone. I feel it is a home from home. And we will be returning very soon. X

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tina g
Reviewed 7 April 2014

We are currently halfway into a 2 day stay that we bought on multi deals, it was a bit of an impulse buy, £90 for 2 nights B&B and one evening meal for 2, seemed great value, and it is. Being in the Armed forces it became very difficult to pin down an opportunity to stay. Luckily Carol, the proprietor has been fantastic in enabling this to happen.
Reception on arrival was very pleasant, room is nice and clean with all essentials needed. We decided to have dinner last night, this was a fantastic 3 course meal prepared to the highest of standards, very enjoyable.
Breakfast this morning must have been one of the nicest breakfasts I have ever had.
This for me just seems to be the tip of the iceberg, being the father of 2 teenage daughters, you are always thinking about the future. The Lavender House Hotel appears to cater for weddings / functions to the highest of standards at particularly good value, it is a fantastic venue set in a lovely setting. I would and will definitely stay here again and definitely positively consider for any function that may occur in the future.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Christopher L
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I have just spent 2 days at this beautiful,stunning hotel.Carol & Keith are caring,kind & very thoughtful hosts Nothing is too much trouble from the time we arrived till the time we left.It was my best friends wedding & the care & attention to detail that was put together to make sure Tina Wright & Mark Wright's day was outstanding.The food was 5*, service 5*, location & venue 5* what more could anyone ask for.

• Stayed: March 2014
3  Thank heather_smith1961
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I found a fantastic deal for this hotel and thought it must be too good to be true but how wrong was I ? It was fantastic. Clean welcoming and we were so well looked after, the breakfast was lovely and the evening meal was wonderful I would recomend this hotel to anyone we had a lovely room with a view. My husband and I were the only guests there on our last night we had the whole diningroom to ourselves and the owners lit candles all around the returaunt for us how romantic. We then sat in front of a wonderful open log fire for our after dinner drinks what more could you ask for !

Room Tip: We had a wonderful room but did not see the others I can only say they are probably all very nice.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple