“Sunday Roast yum yum !”

Ranked #5 of 23 Restaurants in Bovey Tracey
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Good for: View
Dining options: Reservations
Description: The Palk Arms, A Free House Pub set high above the Teign Valley and has wonderful panoramic views over the rolling hills and beautiful countryside.
Reviewed 21 December 2014 via mobile

I Took my twins out for Sunday Lunch... It was superb we all cleared our plates !
Lovely views to the rear, very helpful and efficient waitress.
Thoroughly recommended

1  Thank Steve R

Reviewed 14 November 2014 via mobile

Well we had a super evening, we both had steak and ale pie with mash and peas. The meals were good value and tasty !
There's no frills at the Palk Arms just an honest old fashioned pub complete with regulars and the eccentricities of a 16th. Century building..... It's worth the drive up to Hennock on the edge of Dartmoor.
Robbo & Mandy

Cgy912, Owner at The Palk Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2014

Robbo and Mandy

It was great to meet you and i can only offer my apologies for not being able to spend a bit more time with you hopefully next time you visit it will be a bit quieter.

We are so happy you found us as we intend to be "no frills just honest value for money, and a fun busy pub"

see you soon.

Reviewed 5 November 2014

We had 3 lovely meals in The Palk Arms in Hennock. We were visitng my family in Teign Village where I spent my summer holidays as a child many happy memories.
Over the years we had been to the pub where it had many previous owners over the years, some good some bad, but the new owners have turned this into a lovely homely place to go. The food is top notch and the Belly of Pork was one of the best I have had and they were very accommodating if we wanted to change the choice of veggies with our meals, the sweets were tasty just like my gran used to make.
The bar was friendly and we enjoyed a few drinks, only gripe was a miserable local who had too much to say mostly rude comments, everyone said to ignore him but when he told someone who had sat at his bar stool ! to move I think I would have told him where to get off, the pub also have good live music nights which my cousin said are great although guess who complains about the noise !!! We had 3 very enjoyable nights there and I hope the landlord gets his renovations
,tpassed by council as he has some great ideas for this good pub
local

Hi Rita

Thanks for the review and it was lovely to meet you all, a few of our locals we inherited and as much as sometimes they can seem rude they are part of the pub, we are just lucky enough to have a large enough pub were we can move to different rooms!

The first part of the planning has been approved so we are all systems go, both Ivan and I look forward to showing you around in a few years time.

Take care until then

Reviewed 29 September 2014

I'm a glutton for punishment, so one year on from my first visit I thought I would do another week in Devon with my wife, daughter and inlaws.
If anything the pub is better than last time - they now have a happy hour. Still run by the same happy faces which I was very pleased to see. The choice of beers still changes regularly and the food still looks very good - not got round to eating there yet as my daughter seems to go rather odd when you take her out to restaurants, but next time we will. We drank there 5 nights out of seven - closed on a Monday.
A real locals pub that is very welcoming to strangers like myself and my father in-law.

Date of visit: September 2014
Cgy912, Manager at The Palk Arms, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2014

Hi James

Many thanks again for your custom, we enjoy yours and the old boy's company!!!!

Glad you got home ok and all things being well we will see you next year,

Cheers

Reviewed 23 September 2014

we had a meal last weekend for 2 ,beef lasagne was amazing best I have had we also had scampi and chips which was lovely.to finish really good latte.

Date of visit: September 2014

Many thanks for your kind comments

We are very pleased the Lasagne was a hit with you its another of our homemade special's well Harriot's !

look forward to seeing you soon

Thanks again