“Awesome veggie food, lovely hosts”
Review of The Singing Kettle - CLOSED

The Singing Kettle
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Homemade cakes and cream teas Home cooked lunches using local produce
Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I are both vegetarian and sometimes struggle to find good veggie food, especially home-cooked and tasty lunches. We stumbled upon the Singing Kettle with our dogs, whilst lost in Devon, and could not have found a better place. The owners were lovely, allowed our dogs into the tea room and our home-cooked lunches were awesome, hearty and flavoursome. We were very impressed. Thank you both for such a great lunch. We are planning a return trip ASAP!

Reviewed 13 March 2014

Love this place, great food and excellent customer service. Recommend the grape and brie sandwiches yum yum. Homemade cakes that are simply delicious. If in Buckfastleigh you simply must visit

Reviewed 22 January 2014

We recently stopped by the Singing Kettle for a quick tea and a cake.

Quite delightful. My warm apple cake with clotted cream was very light - unusual for a cake of this nature. My wife, somewhat an expert cake maker herself, declared her coffee and walnut cake to be delicious.

She was also pleased to be offered a choice of loose leaf teas for her pot of tea.

We really should get here more often.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I was so excited when my husband noticed that the sign outside the Singing Kettle said that they serve gluten free cream teas. We went the next day, and I was not disappointed. The gluten free scones were excellent, as was the clotted cream. It was all served on lovely bone china. The atmosphere was very nice. This is exactly the kind of place that I like for afternoon tea but that is so hard to find. I will certainly go back when we are next in Buckfastleigh.

1  Thank margivb
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Good fresh food well cooked well presented veg cooked perfectly meat course fresh tasty good service nice staff and owners very good atmosphere reasonable prices