“Many times visited, never again!”
Review of Dartbridge Inn

Dartbridge Inn
Ranked #11 of 24 Restaurants in Buckfastleigh
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Many times visited, never again!”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We have visited the Dartbridge Inn many times over the years when we are in Devon even calling in for lunch on our way for the ferry at Plymouth but today was our last!
We called in for lunch and placed our order -2 meals for £10.99 deal and another two from the full menu, I chose Chilli & rice with tortilla chips which came with an extremely small portion of chilli and the remnants from the bottom of the bag of tortilla chips which were crumbs! my daughter chose Macaroni with garlic bread & salad garnish and when the waitress served it at the table stated "Urgh I hate the smell of garlic, disgusting, it's horrible" how unprofessional why then work as a waitress! my husband chose the Steak & Ale pie no complaints with that and my son had Roast Turkey but the Yorkshire pudding were only fit for missile throwing (we had noted several diners also left the yorkshire pudding)
We were not approached while eating to see if everything was ok and when our plates were cleared I told the waiter I was not impressed with the crumbs served on my plate! to be fair he did refund the dearest meal from our bill but we will not visit again -we have had some lovely meals there before but this time it was so disapointing, the standards have dropped and the pub needs a refurb.

2 Thank Jane L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
UK
“Some improvements needed but worth a visit! ”
Reviewed 6 August 2014 via mobile

Being fairly new to an area with plenty of lovely country pubs to visit we have only recently started eating here. Food is average in general but cheaper than other places in the area so acceptable based on cost. Environment is pleasant & guests I have taken there always comment on the nice feel to it. I would say my biggest criticism is the level of staffing - service has been slow on every visit & tables are not always cleared efficiently. Reaching my seventh visit now in recent months so not just a one off! There's only ever 1 server behind the bar - if that & the queue of customers builds leaving a fraught member of staff trying to get through the increasingly frustrated line of customers! Food service can be slow & on my last visit this weekend it was a shame to see customers leave as they had to wait too long at the bar before even looking for a table! On my previous visit I had to chase our food order at 8.30pm, even when it was really quiet. Overall, I enjoy going to the Dartbridge Inn & it's not an awful experience. Just a pub/restaurant that needs improvement or they risk losing custom. I write these comments in hope managers take note and acknowledge the short falls & do something about it. Great potential but starting to get into bad habits which equals poor service!

Plymouth, United Kingdom
“Wonderful food and wonderful service”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We have been here four or five times and each time the food is superb, the Sunday lunch is the best in Devon I should think, the veg is always fresh and the meat tender. The ambiance is lovely and the staff just cannot do enough for you. Such a very pretty place and lovely in the summer when you can sit outside or in the winter when the atmosphere is just so cosy. I highly recommend it. We went on Sunday and I have to say we were lucky to get in, its very popular, for obvious reasons.

Newton Abbot, United Kingdom
“Nice place to stop and refresh”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

been before so stopped on way from Buckfastleigh to Totnes. By main road so if you eat outside traffic maybe a problem but outside is a sun trap though. When we called there was a problem if you wanted to pay be card, so their ATM machine was doing good and brisk business,

Staff friendly and efficient, food and drinks reasonably priced and the food of good quality. Not overly busy when we called, so gap between order and food to table very quick, which was excellent.

Plenty of parking available with disabled right outside entrance to bar and restaurant

• Visited August 2014
“Dartbridge Inn, room for improvement”
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

A large roadside inn located just off the main A38 between Exeter and Plymouth.
Serves a reasonable menu, if the food is available! It seems they frequently 'run out' of items. Service very erratic sometimes very good sometimes it appears that the staff just can't be bothered.
Serves Green King beers which are quite well looked after.
The outside seating area is right next to a fairly busy main road so unless you like your drinks and food laced with exhaust emissions not the best place to sit!

Visited July 2014