Hotels.com
Trip.com
eDreams
All reviews overlooking the church the pub wild rose magnolia room deluxe suite family room pie fish and chips good size varied menu booked a table warm welcome next morning pudding our room was spacious evening meal stayed for one night
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 March 2019 via mobile

This country pub with rooms is just what I have been looking for years! Bags of atmosphere, incredibly friendly staff delicious evening meal and happy to tweak our full English Breakfast to suit us. Our room was large and individually furnished. Our king sized bed was one of the most comfortable I have ever slept in. I LOVE that there is nothing corporate about this place. It's unique.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 March 2019 via mobile

My husband and I stopped here for lunch on our way back home to Bristol from Cornwall.
This place is just wonderful, it’s cosy, warm and so very welcoming. I had the roast beef and my husband had the steak and ale pie, both meals were fabulous along with dessert, an apple tartin for me and cheeseboard for hubby, coupled with 2 large glasses of a very nice Shiraz this turned into a wonderful pit stop! Special mention to Tabby the young lady behind the bar, what an absolute credit to the pub, we enjoyed it so much we are planning to book a couple of days stay at the Globe in the near future, thanks again! X

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed in the very spacious and very comfy Jasmine room. The room was perfect for our needs.

We ate lovely meals whilst we were there.

But the best thing was the warm welcome we had from the staff. It's got three aspects to the Hotel.
a) A locals bar,
b) a second bar area ideal for bar meals and drinks
c) a more formal restaurant.
So you can choose where to sit depending on your mood. The locals bar is brilliant. We had a great stay.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2019 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights
I wish it was longer We had the family room in the attic plenty of space
Pubs great and food spot on
Chagford is a great base for the Moor
& the globe is ideal to stay
Can’t wait to go back

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2019

This is the third time we have stayed at The Globe and will definitely not be our last, The hosts are friendly and make you feel completely at home. We stayed in the Magnolia room which is warm spacious and looks over the beautiful church opposite. The food is amazing the roast on a sunday is a must and my partner had a lamb curry which was very tasty, the breakfast was freshly cooked and very tasty. There are two bars one being the main eating area and the other more relaxed but just has friendly in fact as we have been several times we get recognized by the locals what a great bunch! We are looking forward to visiting again next year and feel lucky we discovered a home from home!

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple