“Jill & Terry, Devon's finest hosts”
Review of Glen Cottage

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Chudleigh
Glen Cottage
Ranked #4 of 6 Chudleigh B&B and Inns
London
“Jill & Terry, Devon's finest hosts”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

I stayed at Glen Cottage in July 2014, to attend my friend's wedding at nearby Ugbrooke House. I was welcomed by Jill with a lovely smile, who showed me to my bedroom, which immediately felt like home. I enjoyed a lovely siesta with cool air coming in through the window, to refresh myself after the train journey from London. It's a short walk from Glen Cottage into Chudleigh village, where I enjoyed meeting the village characters. I turned in quite early though, there was something about Glen Cottage pulling me back home! The next morning, I enjoyed Jill's delicious breakfast and I relaxed in the lovely garden at Glen Cottage, even doing a few handstands and cartwheels out there, I just felt so happy. Terry called out from the pathway above. 'Can you catch?' he said. 'Yes,' I said. Terry threw me a freshly picked plum and I ate it on the grass and it tasted like heaven, sweet and juicy. I stayed in the garden all morning, enjoying the splash of the fountain on the pond, breathed in and out and thought this is just the perfect antidote to busy London life, I feel restored! So many more kindnesses from Jill and Terry during my stay, fantastic hosts with interesting stories that kept me entertained. It has left me searching to find another reason, and soon, to return to Glen Cottage. Magical.

Room Tip: Ask for a four poster bed
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank charlottetarrant

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Lincoln, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We have been staying at glen cottage for several years whilst visiting family, the cottage and gardens are the most beautiful I have ever seen, the rooms are large and comfortable and the breakfast is delicious . The hosts are lovely friendly, welcoming and very helpful we never want to leave , I would definitely recommend and can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Sharon M
Colyton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed Christmas night whilst visiting family in Chudleigh. Warm, comfortable, electric blanket in bed, also quiet, lovely building and setting.
Did not think we would manage a full breakfast on Boxing Day morning, we did and it was excellent.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Alec Y
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I stayed just one night while passing on business, It is situated down a little dark lane, but I was pleasantly surprised, a warm friendly welcome a large room and a great breakfast, I would certainly stay again if in the area.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Andy R
Chesham, Bucks
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We stayed for two nights at this delightful B and B last April. Formerly the master's house of the adjacent worked out quarry it has an idyllic setting with a lake and stream running through the grounds. We had a large comfortable room with a 4 poster bed and views out on to a cliff at the top of which was a perigrine falcons' nest. We occasionally caught sight of the falcons on the wing as well as a heron fishing in the lake..Mrs Shears is an excellent host and provides hearty breakfasts. All this at a very reasonable price together with it's proximity to Dartmoor, the coast and other tourist attractions make for high recommendation.

Room Tip: Both sides have good views.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
Bearsted
Reviewed 22 September 2013

This was our first stay here and we stayed for 5 nights. If you want an excellent B&B in a fascinating 17th century building, then this is the place for you, especially if you are interested in wildlife. Peregrine Falcons, Kingfishers, Herons and Foxes have all been seen here. We saw the Falcon on several occasions and heard an owl one night. The owners, Terry & Jill, are a welcoming, friendly Devonian couple who run the B&B on an informal basis. The room we had was very comfortable (one of two four-poster bed rooms available) with a great view of the grounds. Room rates are very reasonable and represent very good value in our opinion. The breakfast each day was wonderful with a wide choice of cereal, fruit juice, yoghurt, toast and a lovely cooked breakfast which Jill will adapt willingly to your choice. Jill’s homemade marmalade and jam were superb too. We recommend Glen Cottage and we will be looking to stay there again on our future trips to Devon.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the front have good views of the grounds.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 August 2013 via mobile

We had an excellent time there and beleive it Jill is such an excellent host. We went there in a group of three families, and we enjoyed every bit of our stay there.
Breakfast was so good with all kind of varied stuff.
In short the best B&B with such a reasonable tarriff.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Sadiq W
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chudleigh
Amberley Bed and Breakfast
#1 of 2 in Chudleigh
Holmans Wood Holiday Park
Holmans Wood Holiday Park
#2 of 2 in Chudleigh

Been to Glen Cottage? Share your experiences!