We booked a 6 person deluxe woodland lodge - and when we arrived we were told that it wasn't available due to a flood - so we could be moved to a 4 person one instead - this was dank, dirty and smelly (wet dog smell, door handle hanging off, leather sofa - missing the leather, and them just plain depressing) - I complained and we were moved to a country superior lodge instead - TR15 - very light, brighter and modern -very nice indeed - just very disappointed that the only reason for booking at finlake was due to the tree houses, that we ended up not staying in!! Also we found out - that because every lodge is private owned, each one is different, so you could be paying the same money as someone staying in the lodge next to you - and they could have every included - including well maintained and you could be in a dump!! Check before booking to see what you are going to get!!! Where we stayed was very nice and we did have a good time - just beware!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located on the edge of Dartmoor yet still close to stunning beaches, Finlake combines 130 acres of magnificent Devon countryside, miles of beautiful woods, an abundance of wildlife and outstanding leisure facilities to create the perfect holiday location.At Haulfryn Finlake we offer an exclusive range of caravans and lodges for the discerning holiday home owner, as well as fantastic short break holiday getaways. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Haulfryn Finlake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Haulfryn Finlake Hotel Chudleigh
- Haulfryn Finlake Devon/Chudleigh