“2 hour Birthday ride”

Adventure Clydesdale
Ranked #2 of 3 things to do in Dartmeet
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I visited for a 2 hr ride for my birthday. We received a warm welcome from Tim on arrival. We had the good fortune to ride Ben and Big Al who were both impeccably behaved and a joy to ride. I am a complete beginner and Ben's easy, confident nature helped me stay composed, especially when we traversed some tricky terrain. Tim was a brilliant and extremely knowledgable guide who kept us in good conversation during the course of the ride. The scenery was stunning and we will certainly return again.

1  Thank Sara T
"varied terrain"
"brilliant ride"
"a lot of fun"
in 3 reviews
"can't wait to go again"
"stunning views"
in 54 reviews
"tim"
in 49 reviews

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Had a brilliant morning riding out on the clydesdales, a lovely hack over the moorland suiting both total beginner and regular riders alike, cannot recommend this place highly enough!

3  Thank Shep13
Reviewed 4 October 2013

I booked a ride with Adventure Clydesdale and was lucky enough to go out on the moors with the owner Tim and one other guest. I had never ridden English before and certainly never on a clydesdale. What an amazing experience. The gentle giants are wonderful! Such a smooth ride. They are sure footed and even-tempered. We had a beautiful day and the views from the backs of these magnificent creatures were glorious. I will admit that I walked a bit like Yosemite Sam for a couple of days after the ride, but would do it again in a heartbeat. If you are in the Dartmoor area, don't miss this chance! Worth every minute!

3  Thank AmandaEsteroFL
Reviewed 3 October 2013 via mobile

In one word- wow!
My husband & I went on a half day ride. I ride regularly but my husband has never been on a horse before. Tim was brilliant, taking time to show my husband everything. The horses are amazing, so fit, agile & willing with fantastic temperaments. Ben the horse my husband rode really looked after him as he tried to get the hang of rising trot :-). It certainly isn't your usual trekking experience, the horses all act individually & don't just follow the one in front. We crossed rivers, scrambled over rocks, climbed up & down, cantered- everything!
My 2 horses at home certainly wouldn't have coped with the terrain as well as these boys do.
Tim was amazingly knowledgeable about the area, stopping & pointing things out. Whether you're a complete beginner, experienced rider, happy hacker , dressage rider- I would challenge anyone not to fall in love with these beautiful animals, I'm sold!
Another plus- my husband has been totally converted to horse riding.

Thank you so much Tim for letting us experience a small part of what these animals are capable of. ( Never wrote such a long review before :-) )

5  Thank Siancw
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 September 2013

Easy to find with a satnav which took us srtaight to the farm. A quick chat and friendly briefing and we was off. The group was small which was very nice and personal and the owners made all standards feel quite at ease. Apart from the constant drizzle and rain, we had a great time even though soaked through. A great treat for anyone intrested in ridding these truly wonderful and gentle horses across some stunning countryside.

3  Thank Ian B