“The Sportsman's Arms Ivybridge.”

The Sportsman's Inn
Ranked #28 of 38 Restaurants in Ivybridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Arrived at the Sportsmans arms at lunchtime today, 4th october, We were a group of seven, we asked if we could have two tables put together so we could all sit together, the waitress said but that's seating for ten. The fact that there was only one other person in the spacious eating area!! When seated we ordered our drinks, Three drinks and a jug of water for the others. This was placed on the table by the most miserable man ever! He informed us that he wouldn't make much profit from us, We thought it was a joke, but he was serious. The waitress took our orders and we waited and waited. Finally after thirty five minutes our meals arrived. I had the pie, the pastry was so hard on top I couldn't cut it, the pastry underneath was like soggy cardboard. The potato was cold and tasted disgusting, I asked my daughter to try it., she said it was awful. the first bite of the pie filling was a lump of gristle, the waitress came over and asked if everything was alright. When I told her it was awful,she thought I was joking! She did offer to take it back to the kitchen. What she was going to do to revive the meal was beyond me. Two other people in our group didn't eat their meals. They tasted, and left it. However, the sandwich and the prawn cocktail was fine, There again,hard to get that wrong!!! Needless to say we will never go there again.

1  Thank E R

Reviewed 10 September 2013

Menu very clearly marked showing which items are gluten free. Waiting team knowledgeable and quite happy to answer any questions. Very good helping size.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

I recently visited this establishment with two adults with learning disabilities one was clapping and making happy noises, the landlord said to us I cant have that in here IT is upsetting other customers we were actually the only ones in there at the time his review on his website says disabled friendly (that is a joke) maybe he means if they are in a wheelchair and don't speak they can come in. I was fuming with him but rather than upset the clients we left the landlord is the most rude man I have ever met it is discrimination.

1  Thank 485anonymous
Reviewed 25 August 2013

my husband & i visited to try the offer of two meals for price of one.
They have a fairly standard pub menu, my hubby had scampi and chips, which was lovely and i had the pasta in a spicy sauce, which was yum. we did not have puddings, there are a good selection of beers to chose from
service was quick, staff were chatty, happy and friendly. The decor, although clean was dated, there is ample car parking.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

Have visited twice since the update of the decor. The surrounding are very pleasant and the food, and the choices are really excellent