“Disgusting bar staff”

The Exchange
Ranked #8 of 13 things to do in Ivybridge
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Traditional pub in Ivybridge, Devon, famous for live sport and entertainment. Now also serving home cooked food throughout the day.
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Was having a drink with my husband and daughter my daughter who is 1 started to cry when I was told by the bar staff to leave and take her outside I was appalled would not recommend to anyone with children

6  Thank Taffytilder
gavin m, Owner at The Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Hi. The ownership of The Exchange has changed since you reviewed us. We hope to welcome you back soon. We are child friendly and have colouring, books and games.

Reviewed 23 February 2014

The food is average, sort of pub stuff you would expect to find anywhere really. the drinks are over priced. The duke box is expensive too. There is a pool table and dart board. Smoking area is good. Nice view of river erm. Rude bar waitress goes by the name of Amy. Doesn't say hello or thanks doesn't smile and slams your change in the palm of your hand. Overall good pub but better ones to go to in the area.

4  Thank Businessjess

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We have eaten here a couple of times now.

the first was when my child was at 'dinner with santa' when with my partner we had fish and chips from the bar menu.

It was very tasty and the batter was nice and crispy but not oily. And a nice pint or two of thatchers cider to wash it down.

And the second time was for sunday lunch with partner which is 2 courses for £7.95. For starter We had 1 chilli whitebait and garlic mushrooms with crusty bread. Both were very tasty indeed.
and for main we both had roast. The veg and the meat was very well cooked and tasty.

The only thing that I have not rated it 5 is that we only got 2 roast spuds each which tasted very nice sprinkled with sesame seeds but possibly 3 would be good. But at £4 a course you can top up on dessert I guess ;o)

2  Thank Nick G
gavin m, Owner at The Exchange, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2017

Hi Nick. The ownership of The Exchange has changed since you reviewed us. We hope to welcome you back soon - we have a new Chef serving food at lunchtimes and evenings.