“Worth a visit.”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Well worth a visit.
Had the bangers and mash and lasagne.
We opted for the large portions (nice to have a choice) and was impressed.
Real ales a bonus as was good freindly service.

1  Thank 230,463

Reviewed 18 January 2014

Friday evening 17th January 2013. Six of us were celebrating a 60th birthday . I went in early to decorate the table , although all the tables were laid out well anyway, I just added a few birthday extras! All of us commented on the good food, 3 had surf 'n turf. The steaks were cooked exactly to our requirements - 1 medium and 2 medium rare. No mean feat because it's fairly tricky in my view to get steaks exactly right, but they did. Other diners in our party very pleased with their choices and the two who had desserts (the surf 'n turf defeated me !) enjoyed them very much. House red at £10 bottle very reasonable and overall well done Imperial . After several years struggling to come back I think at last they have.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

2 courses for 7.95 and really tasty food. The bream was beautifully cooked, and the chocolate brownie was the best one I have had for ages. Staff were very friendly and helpful. We hope it will keep going because there weren't many people in there.

1  Thank Kate E
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

Had dinner Saturday night. Wow! Had the lamb shank myself which was cooked to perfection with a sauce like I've never tasted before. Other members of the party had the pheasant and stew which I was told was equally as good. Good hearty winter food which we will be looking forward to sampling again and again. Great value for money and well enjoyed. Watch this space! 10/10.

1  Thank quaggie007
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Tuesday lunch time.thought we would try a meal at the imperial seeing as it had been taken over by new people, the last people to run the pub didn't make a go of it.
Looking on the web it said opening times 11-00 - 23-00 mon till sun
We got to the pub at 11-25 and opened the smaller door to the side which goes to the bar and dining area, when we were approached by a woman, my wife said to the woman "oh you are open then" to which the woman replied, " no, we don't open till 11-30 in rather a brusk manner. No other conversation took place, and we left. We do not know if this was one of the staff, or one of the owners/ managers of the pub, but did not think this was any way to encourage business.
We will not be returning, as we did not get chance to sample the food, cannot comment.
We did not see opening times outside, only on the web. Suggest they change it, as we were not carrying our crystal ball that day.

4  Thank barneyPlymouth