“A little Gem of a B&B”

Ranked #3 of 24 Okehampton B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“A little Gem of a B&B”
Reviewed 3 June 2013

Just had to let you know about this lovely B&B. Mark and Leslie are so welcoming and their B&B is spotless. We had a great night's sleep on a really comfy bed and the breakfast was FAB, will definitely be staying again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Lesley P, Owner at Meadowlea Guest House, responded to this review, 5 June 2013
We thank you for your kind review and are very happy that you enjoyed your all too brief stay with us. We do hope that you will come and stay with us again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
belfast
Reviewed 19 May 2013

Mark and Leslie have made one of the best B&B`s for walkers and cyclists. They don`t mind one nighters at the weekend (a rare thing these days) They must have spent a fortune on the house it`s in super order The rooms are freshly decorated, very comfortable, and the breakfasts are wonderful. If you want a good stay in Okehampton I would not go past 65 Station Road

Room Tip: No. 3 is the room we stayed in
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Lesley P, Owner at Meadowlea Guest House, responded to this review, 22 May 2013
Many thanks for your review, we are glad you enjoyed your brief stay with us and trust you had a safe flight home. Hope you will come back one day.
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Just back from an overnight stay here and am posting this before I forget. This is my first review on this site because I had to comment on how good it is.

I found the guest house via laterooms.com as I had to go on an emergency trip from Cumbria to Cornwall and decided that around Okehampton was a good place to stop. I couldn't have picked a better place.

I could listed all the things that are great about it but I won't because I would just be repeating what all the other reviews say about it.

My only disappointment was that I couldn't stay longer, not least for another delicious breakfast!

If I am ever in the area again this will be my first choice of place to stay.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Empressburger
Lesley P, Owner at Meadowlea Guest House, responded to this review, 13 May 2013
Hi many thanks for your kind comments, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will come and visit again, but definately not under the same circumstances.
westward ho
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We stayed here as a group of nurses April 2013 as a overnight stop cycling North to South Devon for charity The hosts/owners made us all so welcome and could not have been more helpful. They even put our bikes in the shed. The place was spotless the breakfast great. The bed was so comfortable. After a hard days ride we could not have wished to have stayed in a more perfect place.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Lesley P, Owner at Meadowlea Guest House, responded to this review, 14 May 2013
Many thanks for your comments, glad all went well with the ride, look forward to seeing you all on the next one.
Worcester
Reviewed 9 April 2013

I have stayed at the Meadowlea for a few years now when i come to visit a client in Oakehampton. I stayed in a local hotel on my first vist and when they were full on my second trip the local pub recommended the Meadowlea. I have never been back anywhere else since. When I bring my colleagues down as well we have always been warmly welcomed by Mark & Lesley who over the years we have considered as friends.

Their hospitality is fantastic and the Meadowlea always provides a welcome bed for the night. The guesthouse is spotless and the bedrooms are fully appointed with tea and coffee making facilities and a good shower( I think I have stayed in all of them over the years) and always had a good nights sleep.

Breakfast is always an important part of any stay and the Meadowlea does not dissapoint in anyway. Cereals , fruit , yoghurt plus the well cooked full english by Mark. Plenty of toast and tea & coffee are always avialable.

If you are looking for a base to explore the area or stopping of en route for further a field you will not be dissappointed with Mark & Lesley's hospitality.

I have no hesitation in recommending the Meadowlea.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank PMDWorcester
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2013

stayed here on sat 6 th april on way to plymouth on coast to coast cycle ride ,the b and b is in a good position just a short walk to pubs and resturants etc ,the rooms were clean with all you would like, tea making etc the breakfast was great well cooked and plenty to eat ,we picked this property as we required cycle secure lock up whic is ideal and you r right on route for the next day start,plus the owners were good nothing to much trouble for them to help etc,a great place to stay and cycle friendly would use again

Room Tip: rooms all good no problems
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Plymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2013

My wife, myself and other family members stayed overnight whilst attending a wedding on April 5th. We found the owners very friendly, professional and accommodating - especially as were not coming back into the property until just after 1 in the morning.
The ensuite rooms of each family member were well decorated, comfortable and very clean and tidy. We all slept well. The breakfast was help-yourself-to-starters and the 'Full English' was tasty, well cooked and plentiful.
We rated this guest house as excellent value for money and a place we would certainly recommend. Station Road was quiet and we parked easily just outside the Meadowlea.
Just up the road is a golf course and in the other direction a lovely woodland area called Simmons Park.
Okehampton has a wonderful old market town feel to it and the Meadowlea is convenient for Exeter and a good stop-over point for onward journeys into Cornwall.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Okehampton
The White Hart Hotel
#11 of 24 in Okehampton
Elmfield
Elmfield
#1 of 2 in Northlew

Been to Meadowlea Guest House? Share your experiences!