The Knole Farm
US$164
Travelodge Okehampton Whiddon Down(Okehampton)(Great Value!)
US$67
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Restaurant
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsb bthe perfect hostevening meals were deliciousthree courseshome from homestayed nightslydford gorgeshort breaktea and coffeeon arrivalconservatoryloungefarmoffensivedartmooraccommodationcleanliness
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 July 2013

We returned to Knole farm where we had a lovely holiday 12 years ago,the standard of comfort and excellent service was as good as we remembered.So peaceful in such lovely surroundings.Mavis was so kind and caring when I lost my purse, helping me to cancel my cards and lending us some money to tide us over.All beyond expectations.We would like to recommend this B&B and wish Mavis every success as she enters her 34 th year of caring she must be doing something right!

Room Tip: Book well ahead of your planned holiday to avoid disappointment.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Fabulous B&B. The service, rooms, and food was excellent. Not only that ,but Mavis offered undercover parking in a barn for some maintainence to be done on one of the cars. We all felt as though we made new friends by staying at Knole farm. Beautiful gardens tended by Mavis bring bird life around the home. An excellent starting point for those who wish to walk the moors. I can't speak more highly of Mavis Bickle at Knole Farm

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 July 2013

I have just read the review 'Rude! Rude! Rude! and am absolutely astonished at this person's version of war and peace.

We have been staying at Knole Farm for the past 6 years and have just completed out 14th visit in mid June.

The welcome as always, was superb, the food fabulous, the accommodation and cleanliness second to none, and the internet connection faultless (with no wi-fi code needed).

If this person felt that the comment 'you can go where you like' was meant as offensive, she is totally wrong; at The Knole, you can go where you like. You can sit in the lounge all day, in the conservatory, you can spend the whole day in the beautifully kept garden with it's lovely vibrant shrubs and that most beautiful view of Dartmoor - Mavis will probably turn up unannounced with a pot of tea or coffee and sit with you having a chat.

I really can't fault the place, and trust me I'm the type who would if I felt it necessary.

Never mind Mavis, take no notice of the one neegative comment out of at least 300 positive ones - some people will do anything for a free night!! We will be back for our 15th visit, un-deterred, in October :)

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 June 2013

The Knole Farm is a really marvellous place to stay. The rooms are superb, and to say they are excellent is an understatement. The service is not just efficient, but everything is done with such an air of cheerfulness, we felt that we were long lost friends, not part of a business relationship.
I have stayed at several B&B's all very good but The Knole beats them all.
The breakfast award is totally merited. I never had such breakfasts for choice or quality.
My friend and I are not great walkers, but found plenty to keep us interested round about. It was an excellent holiday.The efficiency, kindness, and sheer luxury we found at the Knole was beyond all previous experience. We will always be grateful to Mavis Bickle for her hospitality way beyond anything we could have thought possible.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank John K
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Our second visit. A warm welcome from Mavis, and very comfortable accommodation with amazing views. The choice of breakfast and evening meals was excellent and the food was superb. It is the sort of place you will want to keep coming back to.

The countryside location on the edge of Dartmoor is ideal for walking, cycling and visiting nearby towns and places of interest.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple