“Recommend the 'leave it to us'”

Rajpoot Indian Restaurant
Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in Okehampton
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian and Bangladeshi cuisine in the heart of Dartmoor. We have a passion for creating mouth watering, authentic Indian dishes, which are all freshly prepared by our talented chefs using the finest, fresh ingredients and authentic blend of spices. Many of our dishes are unique to Rajpoot and inspired by the food that is eaten in an Indian home. You can choose from an array of Indian starters, traditional Indian dishes, our chefs house specials, curries and English dishes. The Rajpoot is fully licensed or feel free to bring your favourite drinks. We offer a Sunday Buffet, eat as much as you like, we have many meals currently not from our menu that are truly exquisite, mouth watering Indian, Bangladeshi and Pakistani meals along with English dishes at a set price. Also on a Thursday we offer four course meal deal £12.50(except Fish and Duck)
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Good food, reasonably priced. We had the 'leave it to us for one' more than enough food for 2. Staff are very friendly & attentive.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

Met by very freindly staff, quick to offer extras but not pushy. Always a little concerned will find the food over spicy or hot for my taast, nothing to worry here. The menue offers a good choice and variety of dishes. My meal was exelant. Not suprised this is a busy rrestaraunt, good food and service.

2  Thank Bob M
Reviewed 28 July 2014

On our way back from the Rajpoot, our 5 year old daughter, who loves curries so much that in other restaurants they take her back in the kitchen to get her poppadums, actually said the "F word" for the first time in her life in describing this place.

What can I say. All the food is terrible and indistinguishable between dishes. The popadums were burnt. The soft drinks were flat. The food seems to have come out of frozen bags and the sauces out of economy no brand tins.

And, it's in a basement. So it's dingey, noisy and damp.

Rajpoot is the reason (until another place opened recently) that everyone near Okehampton has to drive to Exeter for a curry. They should really give up.

3  Thank cff2013
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We have now eaten at the Raj Poot quite a few times, sometimes just the two of us, sometimes with friends.
It remains one of the very best Indian restaurants we have eaten at world wide.
The menu is adventurous, interesting and original. The food is extremely tasty and well presented. The welcome and service are usually very good. The Thursday evening deal is remarkable, but do be sure to book as it is aways, understandably, very busy.Extra staff are obviously employed on these evenings, as the very good service does not suffer.
We first went to this restaurant when we moved to Okehampton in late October 2013. I do feel that from then on the restaurant has moved from strength to strength - it is well run, has vision and drive.
I thoroughly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank MARGOT W
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I have visited the Rajpoot a number of times with friends. The food is very reasonably priced and the portions are very generous.The three course offer for £10.95 on Thursdays is great value, however, I did feel that in comparison to other evenings, perhaps due to the restaurant trying to do as many covers as possible, the meal was quite rushed. I would recommend booking a table in advance and perhaps planning a visit on an alternative evening.

The service I have experienced in my visits to the Rajpoot has always been quick and efficient. On one occasion, one of my friends' drinks was flat, however, this was immediately replaced at no extra cost.