“Interesting”
Review of Barometer World

Barometer World
Ranked #13 of 24 things to do in Okehampton
Reviewed 26 January 2012

Lots of different barometers and some for sale.  The proprietors are very knowledgeable and it's fun to spend an hour or two here.

There are newer reviews for Barometer World

Reviewed 11 February 2009

I wasnt that interested in barometers when I first arrived, but it was a rainy day and I decided to pop into this barometer museum, and it was well worth it. It was like a scene from a Bill Bryson book. A highly earnest, intellectual looking man greeted me when I arrived, and proclamied that I was the first visitor that day, and what a joy it was too see me.
He went on to lead me through to a room packed full of historic barometers. They were all listed in a little book he gave me and every one had a stoy behind it. One had been all round the world with a Captain who gambled it for a bottle of rum in Antigua!
The man lived and breathed barometers, especially restoring old ones. After walking around I bought a barometer because I find them fascinating and useful.

6  Thank SurreyTradeWinds