“Good pub grub”
Review of Prewley Moor Inn

Prewley Moor Inn
Ranked #44 of 62 Restaurants in Okehampton
Reviewed 3 August 2014

Staying overnight in Okehampton so we needed somewhere for dinner. The pub had a lovely atmosphere and dog friendly. I had a the duck from the specials board which was excellent.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

We went here with good friends that lived in the area. We had the steak and ale pie, This arrived with new potatoes and a plate of cauiflower cheese and a dish of three vegetables.
The lumps of meat were chunks not silly little slivers and the pastry was flaky.
I love cauliflower cheese and other than my Mum's this was the best
Even the two year old cleared her plate!!

1  Thank Jules_Vampyre
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Staying at the Travelodge across the A30 which has a little Chef (not good) lucky I notice this pub, I had a lovely steak with home made onion rings lots of chips and a good crispy salad, the starter (prawns) and pudding (apple pie and cream) were just as nice, good price, good food, nice place, job done.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This stop after travelling from Scotland, is just off the M5 on the A30. It was a pleasant break with a meal that was more than value for money. I would recommend anyone to try their local steak pie. I found the Inn hard to find but had a local to guide us.

1  Thank Tom T
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Prewley moor inn is just a moment from the main A30 and it is at Sourton Coss not far from Okehampton and about 15 miles from Launceston
we had not been to Prewley for some time and it has now changed hands
we received a warm welcome - the restaurant was clean , fresh and warm they have a roaring wood burner and the dining area and bar had been revamped since our last visit - I was well impressed - we choose the carvery lunch - with a choice of beef - gammon - chicken and also a nut roast - I had the very tasty beef and my husband had gammon and chicken - all very well cooked and presented lots of veg to serve your self -- must say the savoy cabbage was very good not many restaurants manage to cook cabbage well , but this was excellent
we watch the snow fall as we enjoyed our after lunch coffee - we were warm and well fed
very glad to say the snow did not stick - and we had a sunny drive home