“Good Suprise”

Ranked #7 of 61 Restaurants in Okehampton
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Visited for lunch last week and have to say we were impressed! Perhaps finally okehampton has a place to visit for lunch! The food tasted very fresh and the surroundings clean and nice.
will definitely go back again. p.s the coffee was also very good. If I have one small complaint how do they wash the weird hessian bags that the delicious home made bread was served in? I think this over the top presentation is not really necessary. sorry had to complain about something! otherwise looking forward to going back.

Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Had been a couple of times before at lunchtime which has been fine, nice food, although depending on whether the chef is in, menu seems to get reduced sometimes.
The evening menu is really superb though. I had a pigeon salad starter which was far and away the nicest dish I have had anywhere in a very long time. Dessert ("pimms o'clock") was similarly delicious. Good wine list from a quality supplier, reasonably priced.
More expensive than anywhere else in town, but nicer ambience and the food is really a cut above.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

Went here for lunch today and still trying to work out how a "large" capresse salad which consisted of less than one whole tomato, average quality mozzarella, a small amount of mixed leaves (the same amount people appeared to be having as decoration) and balsamic could be priced at £10.95. Outrageous! To put it in perspective my companion had cod, chips, peas and tartar sauce for £10.45! A cooked meal! I appreciate that I willingly ordered it but it seemed the best of few vegetarian options and I expected at that price to have a meal befitting of it. The quantity of the ingredients involved simply could not have cost anywhere near the price paid. We will not be returning.

3  Thank Kirstie B
Reviewed 8 August 2014

My husband and I happened across this restaurant at lunch time before going to the cinema ( on holiday break from children ) it was lovely, the decor is fresh and chic and the staff are so friendly.
We ended up having wine, breads and 3 courses , the food was really amazing. I had a caesar salad and the wine (malbec-shiraz) was heaven. Definitely return.

1  Thank cazsh1
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I had lunch at the 2 Rivers last week, the best Caesar Salad I have ever had and I have had many around the world in 5*Hotels and good restaurants. This lead me to decide to take my husband there for his birthday with friends.
We were not disappointed either, the starters of Ham,egg and chips was amazing and an unexpected delight. The menus are Bistro and al a carte and we could have from both. The chips are lovely, not silly thin ones which spoil a good meal, and the wines are very reasonably priced.
The three course meal for 4, with drinks and coffees came to a reasonable £131.
The tables are well spaced so we didn't have to listen to others conversations, the decor and ambience were lovely.
The staff were excellent and not too intrusive but there if needed.
It is so nice to have a restaurant of this calibre in my local town so we will now become regulars I am sure.
Well done to all!