All reviews perfect hosts long walk beautiful cottage twin room down the road the location is perfect new owners warm welcome lovely room adam dartmoor chickens conservatory lounge pubs dog scenery
Reviewed 9 December 2018

I meant to do this review before but never got round to it.I returned here when new people took it over.I will aim for brevity.

When I was here previously I noticed that a certain single bed in a certain room had wooden struts bolted onto to it DIY fashion to strengthen it.This made the bed uncomfortable as it had no give to it,and was a cheap slatted bed anyway.I emailed the owners about this alteration and asked if they had been removed.A guest is entitled to sleep in a bed the way the manufacturer made it.The owner did not reply.

During my stay I noticed the wooden beams were still there.After my stay I told the lady that the struts were still there.Her answer was two fold:

1.Maybe you might want to choose another room.
2.No one else has complained.

Both these answers are from a person with limited thinking and business abilities.
Firstly I might like the room itself so why should I,it should have an unaltered bed.
Secondly I informed her that just because no one has complained doesn't mean they haven't noticed it.

That's like saying one persons garden is really untidy but the neighbors ones are prestine but no ones complained:no, but they might think alot about it.

I repair customers machines:if a customer says to me it's noisy I don't tell them to use another one,I takes steps to mend it.!!!!!

Date of stay: June 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Colin P
Ian D, Owner at Beechwood on Dartmoor, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Colin,
We are sorry you had problems with the makeup of the bed. We have found out the reason from the previous owners why the blocks were put there and it makes sense to us.
If maybe you had reminded us on your arrival that there had previously been a problem then we could have done something about it.
If you stay with us again we shall endeavour to remove the blocks.

Reviewed 28 September 2018

Booked into a double room for one night while exploring Dartmoor. A wonderfully friendly place to stay, a warm welcome on arrival, lovely room, perfect breakfast. We couldn't have asked for a better place to stay!

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MichelleBingham2018
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

What a beautiful location! We have never been to Dartmoor and were both blown away by the scenery.
Ian and Sarah were perfect hosts and breakfast was substantial and delicious.
A really lovely place to stay, very homely and situated bang in the centre of dartmoor.
Will definately stay there again.
Sue and Tony.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Susan G
Ian D, Owner at Beechwood on Dartmoor, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2019

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and with Dartmoor itself,it is beautiful.
We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 20 August 2018 via mobile

Stay here in a twin room with my sister.
Breakfast was lovely and the hosts were friendly.
Had to share bathroom though.
Lovely area to stay with 2 pubs near for dinner.
Slept well beds were comfortable.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Mushroom J

We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
Unfortunately we do not have the ability to make all rooms ensuite,we will be looking into this.
Best regards.

Reviewed 1 August 2018

My partner and I stayed here for a long weekend and it was lovely. The food was great and our hosts so kind and helpful. They even chilled our Champagne for us. This is situated in the most stunningly beautiful area and great for walking holidays.

Date of stay: November 2017
2  Thank Katie B

We are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It is a beautiful part of the country.We wouls love to see you again.