“Cozy pub after a day on the moor”

The East Dart Hotel
Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Postbridge
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 April 2014

We stopped in for a late supper on a Sunday evening after a day of exploring the moor. The ales were great. The food surpassed our expectations -- and expectations were high! The Steak and Ale Pie was fantastic. The atmosphere was just what we were hoping for. We were just passing through, but I hope to return someday soon.

There are newer reviews for The East Dart Hotel

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is the second time my grandparents have taken us for the carvery here and both times the food was fantastic, the meat is locally sourced and there is a board telling you where from, the cheesy leeks are amazing!
The owners both took the time to have a chat with my 90+ grandparents, remembering them by name even though they hadn't seen them for over a year, chatting about Jersey (both my Grans and the owners birthplace).
The ales are also local and the people at the bar are too. It's nice to know that my elderly family over 100 miles away are being looked after by their local eateries.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Stopped here for a quick bite following a lovely walk locally. Decent selection of ales, and the cheese sandwich and chips had nothing wrong with them, though didn't really justify the prices charged.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

After a walk up the river we stopped in here for lunch, it's the only place to eat in the village but we were made welcome, and the dog too.

We each had a drink and a sandwich, the food was not cheap but OK for what we wanted.

Reviewed 14 October 2013

Me and 2 friends popped into the East Dart Hotel for a spot of lunch yesterday 13/10/13 on our way to the moors for some fresh country air.

We were welcomed by the old charm and wonderful smells of a roast... however I received my Dartmoor IPA in a jug which was delicious and went about to order lunch. I decided to go for the fill carvery which was £8.. something and for that we got the Beef, Gammon and Pork plus all the trimmings and veg, lovely thick gravy and some lovely roasties. I very much enjoyed my food, the meat was of good quality and considering the price, i thought the whole deal was rather wonderful.

However to my amazement, I learnt that I could get a slice of Apple Pie or banoffee pie for just £2.50 . Needless to say I went for it and was not disappointed. A very good size and very good end to a great sunday meal.

Overall I know my self and my friends enjoyed them selves, would definatly recommend it!.

1  Thank tom1ish