“Two nights stay at the oratory”

The Chapel at The Oratory
Ranked #4 of 6 Princetown B&B and Inns
Taunton, United Kingdom
“Two nights stay at the oratory”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

Myself and friends booked the oratory double and the beeches self catering accommodation for a couple of nights, Sally is very welcoming and soon puts you in chilled and relaxed environment so you can enjoy your stay to the fullest, the double is spacious and well presented and the beeches is everything you would expect from modern accommodation with all mod cons, I would certainly recommend the oratory to all that are considering staying in dartmoor.

Room Tip: All rooms are great and facilities can not be faulted
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2013

I stayed at the Oratory for 10 days in the chapel annex ,whilst working at Dartmoor prison. It was fantastic ,just to come back to the room and just chill after a stressful day. The room was a large split-level room with a bathroom to die for. I stayed in Feb and March and to have a heated floor in the bathroom in the morning was just heaven. The breakfast was continental style which you did yourself in the room, but everything you needed was there. If you needed something ,Sally and Mike were on hand to help out in any way and nothing was too much trouble. I would say ,for couples getting away to see Dartmoor ,this is an excellent place to stay. It is central to the moor and it is lovely to come back to in the evening.
A big thank you to Sally and Mike for making my stay a great one with no stress.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
Yeovil, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

We found the oratory on line as a dog friendly b & b, but were very pleasantly surprised at the overall package. Sally and Mike left us a lovely box of mince pies as a welcome present, giving us a hint of how lovely our stay would be. Lovely large spotless bathroom and well equipped split level accommodation, a superb meal at the local pub, The Plume of Feathers, followed a good sleep in comfortable surroundings. A huge breakfast was left for us, catering for our tastes, including that of our 6yr old very picky daughter! Overall , very impressed and will recommend to everyone, thanks again to both owners, a lovely place stay :-)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Melksham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 November 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed in The Chappel Annex at The Oratory for a couple of nights as we were attending a wedding in Dartmoor. It was just a five minute drive from The Two Bridges Hotel where the reception was held and my first visit to Princetown. We walked down to The Prince of Wales pub on our first evening and had a delicious meal - huge portions too! There are many useful places within walking distance, such as the post office.
Sally, our host was very friendly from the moment I spoke to her on the phone to book the room, throughout our stay and even kindly posted some earrings back to me which I had accidentally left behind. The room itself was a real treat - very cosy and unusually set on two levels with separate areas to eat and sleep. We immediately felt at home! I was very impressed by the wide variety of options of breakfast foods available, ranging from toast, cereal, porridge, strawberries and yogurt and pastries such as pain au chocolats! The bathroom is very luxurious, I had never had a bath on legs until this stay and the underfloor heating made the room very warm and cosy, even on a cold late October evening! I will definately be recommending this friendly and cosy B&B to family and friends and hope I am fortunate enough to return myself in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Hertfordshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

We have just stayed at the Oratory B&B in the Chapel Annex, which I can highly recommend. It's a large yet cosy room with a nice hallway and separate entrance from the main house so you can come and go as you please. The bathroom was a real treat, with a lovely roll top bath, separate large shower and heated floor. The annex was all spotless and nicely furnished. We didn't actually meet Sally until the Sunday morning as we left, but we had good email contact in advance and as we were arriving late she just gave us the code to the key safe, a perfect arrangement. We will definitely go back if we visit the area again.

Room Tip: I recommend the annex for extra space and a great bathroom
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Takoradi, Western, Ghana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

I stayed at the Oratory, in the Chapel Annex after coming home from a 7 month tour of duty, and was totally taken back, by the level of service I received from this well run B & B set in the small village of Princetown. The breakfast was outstanding and the selection was second to none and if there was something which was not there, you could bet your bottom dollar it was there the next day.

The facilities were always kept immaculate, and the large bathroom was to die for as I have never in my life seen such a large free standing bath, and the under tile heating system was a real blessing on some of the cold nights that Dartmoor can offer up.

All together I strongly advise a stay as this B & B puts a number of hotels I could mention to shame.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Bremen, Germany
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

We spent a couple of nights in Pricetown - one couple and two singles, and shared this excellent self-catering accomodation. The house is young, modern, clean, and inviting. We felt at home immediately. At night, we walked the moor or swanned about Princetown to mix with the locals - or we just relaxed in the sitting-room. This is the perfect holiday accomodation, if you feel like sharing a house with friends. We settled into holiday mood and just had a good time. The Beeches also has a washing-machine, a tumble-drier, a fully-equipped modern kitchen, and several bathrooms: toilet downstairs; WC plus tub upstairs and WC plus shower en-suite. Parking is behind the house and accessible via the garden or the side street. We'll definitely be back another time. Princetown is the ideal location to cruise Dartmoor.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princetown
Two Bridges Hotel
#2 of 6 in Princetown
Tor Royal Bed & Breakfast
Tor Royal Bed & Breakfast
#1 of 6 in Princetown

Been to The Chapel at The Oratory? Share your experiences!