“Not happy - again!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Plume of Feathers Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Princetown
Plume of Feathers Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Princetown B&B and Inns
Paignton, United Kingdom
“Not happy - again!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We used to love this place on the Moors. Their hot beef and stilton baguette was to die for. We even took our family there last summer to try it. Lately though, things have gone from bad to worse. You either get a baguette so over cooked it is dry as old boots, and so crunchy you might as well be eating dry crackers, or if they are busy, one that is cold and part baked, and tastes like play dough! Today was your last chance Plume, and once again you failed miserably. Never again!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Lynnyp52

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Devon, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

... and soon warmed up and dried out after a home made pie and good cup of coffee. We were very impressed with the staff and their attitude to dogs in the pub. Full water bowls outside the pub are pretty standard, however the staff welcomed the dog and asked if she could be given a treat- this was greatly appreciated and we noted that all of the dogs that were inside the pub were very well behaved and under control. (The canines also have a choice on the menu of dog-sausage or cold-cuts.)
I have written this review as sometimes its difficult to leave the family dog in the car, and thus this is a good venue.
For those who aren't keen on dogs- please don't be put off!

Exeter, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

Four of us ate here recently and were very pleased with our choice. Food was really tasty, I had one of the home made pies which was exceptionally good. Good selection of ales from local Dartmoor brewery as well as St Austell
Very good service, fast and friendly

Plymouth, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013

I have just come back from Dartmoor with my son in law, we were riding a 40mile route around the area. The half way point happened to be Princetown and both of us had run out of water by the time we reached there. I went into the Plume and Feathers and asked if they could fill our water bottles up with tap water, to which I was told if I wasn't buying anything then there would be a charge. As my wife rightly pointed out to me when I got home they wouldn't stop a dog from having a bowl of water so why oh why would you try and impose a charge for tap water. I understand that you run a business, but I and my family are local from Plymouth, and guess what , we will never use your establishment again. I will also advise anyone I know to use the other facilities in and around Princetown but not The Plume and Feathers. Sorry to be negative , but in life you get exactly what you deserve.Terrible short sighted service, all for a bottle of tap water. I went 200 yards up the road to a guy cleaning his car asked for some water and he very kindly obliged. At least there are some nice people in Princetown.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Mobo_12

Travellers are raving about these Princetown hotels

Betchworth
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2013

Stayed here with my son whilst walking on Dartmoor, basic but clean facilities, pub food a bit pricey but good quality, staff very friendly and helpful plus perfect location for walkers. Dartmoor visitor centre opposite worth a visit.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
Penzance, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

We stayed here on a bed and breakfast basis but also had our evening meals here. I could not fault it. The accommodation was extremely comfortable, the atmosphere in the pub was great with a good choice of beers on offer, the staff were very attentive to our needs and the food was top notch. what more could you want when visiting one of the most stunning parts of England! I would have no hesitation when recommending this destination to others.

Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
Helston
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2013

Had a couple of days walking on Dartmoor with friends, staying for two nights at the Plume of Feathers, Princetown, Accommodation absolutely fantastic and great value. Very clean and modern with a large TV, large en-suite, great bed, and plenty of self make hot drinks including Tea, Coffee and Chocolate plus bottles of mineral water and biscuits. Plenty of electric sockets for charging appliances or running your laptop. Had hair drier and plenty of towels also. Very warm room with all radiators working efficiently. You will not be cold here. I had a room overlooking the main street of Princetown but never heard any noise from people of traffic. Overall can't fault the accommodation.

Evening meals were great and reasonably priced. Plenty of choice of Real ales, especially Cornish ales from St Austell Brewery including HSD, Proper Job and Tribute. Guest ales also on tap. Some good real cider choices and largers. Plenty of Whiskey choices too!

Breakfasts were brilliant - one of these keeps you going all day! Plenty of choice of breakfasts from full English, highly recommended, to vegetarian options. The sausages were what I call real sausages, not the mushy supermarket ones, eggs were deep yellow and bacon fantastic plus some black pudding, beans, mushrooms etc. No skimping here.

All the staff without exception were friendly and couldn't do enough for you. From previous visits I know this place can explode with customers especially at weekends but I have never ever had any problems with the staff, food or waiting too long, like any business.

I have no hesitation in highly recommending this establishment and will certainly be using again and again when I can

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Princetown
Two Bridges Hotel
#2 of 6 in Princetown
East Dart Hotel
East Dart Hotel
#3 of 4 in Postbridge

Been to Plume of Feathers Inn? Share your experiences!