Lyme Bay House
US$148
US$116
PremierInn.com
  • Beachfront
The Imperial Exmouth Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
US$94
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Royal Beacon Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
US$90
US$85
Priceline
Ashton Court(Exmouth)
US$140
  • Breakfast included
The Manor Hotel(Exmouth)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$84
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsnikki ianfour poster bedguest housefull englishsea viewa lovely staynice roomtea and coffee facilitiesgreat hostsone night stayoff street parkingrooms are spaciousenjoyable stayfresh fruitfew minutes walkhome from homeshort stay
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I were looking for somewhere to stay at short notice that could accommodate our dog too. Although we are relatively local, I don't know the area particularly well so I looked up dog friendly B&B. Luckily for us, Ian and Nicki's place was listed. I e-mailed to see if there was availability and Ian called straight back, a rarity in itself now a days. From the minute we walked through the door, Ian and Nicki went out of their way to ensure we had a great time, The room was in a perfect location with our dog, lovely and clean, with a big comfortable bed, tea and coffee making facilities, toiletries and hair dryer etc. They have a lovely bar area and Nicki's taste in wine is first class. Ian recommended places to eat and things to see and do. Nothing was too much trouble. The breakfasts are superb. During our two night stay we met some wonderful people and had great fun. Ian and Nicki are a wonderful, welcoming couple. I can't say who was more reluctant to leave, Monty our dog or us. Thank you both very much. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
ianjohnscott, Owner at Lyme Bay House, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

What a lovely weekend it was. There was the Dawlish Celebrates street market on Saturday, the Party in the Park on Sunday and the Royal Court on Monday.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed our wines. We always have good ones at reasonable prices.

Many thanks for staying with us and being such good company – we thoroughly enjoyed it.

We look forward to seeing you all again during the summer.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I recently stayed in Dawlish and am glad I chose Lyme Bay House. Initially I had planned to stay for 5 days but extended this to 7 in view of the decent weather. Nikki and Ian were very accomodating in extending my stay, all done without fuss. Nikki's breakfasts were super, using local produce and well presented. My room was on the ground floor and not a great view as this particular room was close to the neighbouring property wall but then most of the time I was out exploring so not a big problem. I gather the other rooms do have a sea view. Nikki is a real bubbly and outgoing person and makes everybody very welcome. I don't know where she gets the energy from!
One thing I did notice was that, unlike most B&Bs, there was no local information pack in the bedroom but Nikki and Ian were happy to answer any questions about local places to visit and good places to eat out.
All in all a great B&B and I will make Lyme Bay House my first choice when I return.

Room Tip: My room 9 on the ground floor doesn't have a good view but nevertheless clean and comfortable. I can't vouch for the other rooms as i didn't actually see them.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
ianjohnscott, Owner at Lyme Bay House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2014

You really did pack in a lot of sight-seeing activity during your stay and we are so pleased that you enjoyed it after quite along time since your last visit to Dawlish.

Thank you very much for your kind comments - Nikki was particularly pleased although she has no explanation for her "bubbliness" and "energy".

We appreciate your help with information about the heritage and steam trains that pass our way during from April to October.

Glad that you met the legendary Colin Marsden (of www.dawlishtrains.com fame) and also Len (the man who fixed the railway line).

Once again thanks for coming to stay with us - if you want a "view" next time, pleasecall us direct prior to booking and we will check if we have one available.

Many thanks again - Nikki & Ian

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Great friendly hosts, good breakfast. Had to change the dates due to forgotten family commitment, Nikki and Ian were very accommodating and changed our booking without any problem.
Would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ianjohnscott, Owner at Lyme Bay House, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Many thanks for your review and kind compliments.

Coming to us by train is a great way of starting a relaxing break away from city life.

We are ideally situated for the station and only a short 5 minute walk. For anyone with restricted mobility there are always taxis at the station. Many of our guests arrive by train and then use both the trains and buses to explore the area.

We hope to see you again soon - Nikki & Ian

Reviewed 21 April 2014

On arrival we were given a very friendly welcome, recommending places to eat & places to visit. The room was spacious and comfortable with tea & coffee tray, hair dryer & toiletries. Breakfast was very filling and well presented. The specified time is not ideal especially if you want an early start, also the 45minute does make you rush. Ian and Nikki are great hosts and make you feel so at home. We really did enjoy our stay and highly recommend that you use this hotel you won’t be disappointed

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
ianjohnscott, Owner at Lyme Bay House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you very much for your comments. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Regarding Breakfast on Saturdays and Sundays guests are welcome to come a little earlier than the normal time as long as we are forewarned the night before. There is no need to "pre-order" as such. We simply need to know if anyone wants a slightly earlier breakfast. The only reason for the "normal" later shorter time-slot of 0900 to 0945 is that from experience we find that most guests tend to arrive for breakfast during this period at weekends.

Thanks again for your company - we hope to see you again some day soon!

Regards

Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Just had a lovely one night stay with my mum. As it was a late booking we were unsure if we'd get a room but we got a lovely big room, very comfy beds, lovely breakfast and lovely hosts. Good location. Can't find any faults. We'll be staying here again :-)

Stayed: April 2014
ianjohnscott, Manager at Lyme Bay House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you so much for staying with us. We are very pleased that both you and your Mum enjoyed the experience.

Hopefully next time you will be able to stay a little longer and explore the area.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Regards