“brilliant holiday again”

Welcome Family Holiday Park
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Again a lovely weeks holiday. This time with our grandson. He loved the JRC, the swimming and the arcade. The entertainers were also really good with him.

The accommodation was lovely, clean and comfortable. Perhaps a little more storage space could have been welcome. Also proper instructions to use the oven. But then I am old-fashioned so this new-fangled technology was above me.

The park itself was lovely, clean and tidy The staff from maintenance, reception, entertainers and bar staff were really good and helpful, but then I would not have expected anything less.

A slight niggle though, I feel that the quality in The Welcome Bite has deteriorated slightly. I don't know if there is new management but was disappointed that they no longer do their sunday roasts or have their specials board.

Overall just the holiday we expected and knew we would get.

Will be back again. You can't keep us away.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Thank you for your review as we do try to take on-board all our customer comments. We appreciate your recognition of the helpfulness of all the staff and do try a provide all our customers old and new, with the highest level of customer service. I also appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of your accommodation and the site itself. I'm sorry you were a little disappointed with the food selection of the Welcome Bite. It has been under new management for the past two years (this is their 3rd year) and do amend the menu selection based on customer feedback. I will pass your comments to them.
I'm very glad had such a great time and that you will be back.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed a week here and was very please with the site, good pool's, and evening entrainment.
We dont usualy do these sort of holidays as normally go to places in the middle of know here to get away from it all.

However herein Dawlish it's quite easy to still get away from it all.

Site foods were ok and not expensive, and the evening events were very well done. Although we only stayed twice for it.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Alan D

Thank you for your review, we do take all customer comments seriously. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities, entertainment and the area to your liking. I hope that since you normally do not take this type of holiday that you may come back and stay with us again?

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The facilities and location of the holiday is spot on. The club entertainment is amazing and throughly enjoyed by all of us (my husband & our 2 daughters)and catered for ALL ages. Fantastic holiday. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank meldenton
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you for your review. I am very happy you found everything to your satisfaction and will be returning. I will pass your comments onto the hard working entertainment team. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a private apartment so cannot comment on accomadition . But the park itself was very clean with lovely night time lit gardens . I did think thier would be more in site it only had pool golf park and the club so you will probably travel out for days out esp if weather not up to much ! We did however love the cruisers club entertainment was very good very safe for the children also . We didn't eat in thier so can't comment on food but thier isn't a resturant as stated the resturant is actully in the club and not much choice it's only like a little snack bar . Oh one thing that was annoying you had to que separate for everything !!! Bingo alchol and children's drinks so we would all go up in each que . Luckily we went with 2 other families so we didn't have time to get bored . Don't stay near the club as walkin home with the 2 other families or chattin outside caravan ppl would get rather annoyed and bang on thier caravans oops :/ . We visited the beach not at all like the pictures shown it was not very nice brown sea water and rubbish . Day out I recommended is woodlands . Pricy at 60 pounds family of 4 but very worth it you do get a 15 percent discount though from reception. Fun day for all make sure you leave early as takes 1hour 20 min get thier . I guarantee you won't be disappointed . I enjoyed it here but not sure I would return .

• Stayed: May 2014

Thank you for your review. I am glad your overall experience was good. I'm sorry the beach wasn't up to expectation but it will take a little longer to return it to how it was before the huge storm/flooding in Dawlish. The Welcome Bite does provide a wide range of food from snacks, baguettes, pizza, burgers, chilli, curry and fish n chips etc. I'm very pleased you were happy with the cruisers club and entertainment. We do try to take all guest comments on board and hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This review is a little late.. My husband and I took out two your granddaughters for a week at easter, they are aged 5 & 6. After a few awful experiences with Park Holidays we vowed never to go for a caravan holiday again. However we came across the Welcome park and after checking trip advisor, decided to give it one last go. We were very pleased we did. We were in a Coral Reef caravan as all the cassita lodges had been taken. It was quite roomy, overall we were very happy with it although we had a few cleanliness issues, bits of rubbish under the beds and oven wasn't very clean.Our daughter and son in law joined us after four days so an additional toilet would have been handy. All that said we had a fabulous week, the children thoroughly enjoyed it. The pools were great and the entertainment faultless and very professional. We were impressed by the security in the main entertainment room during the evenings, very safe and children couldn't get out. The staff from check in at reception to leaving were polite and pleasant. The site itself including play area was very clean and tidy, a massive improvement on anywhere we have previously been. We had a problem with the TV not working and asked for someone to sort it out, this was done with 15 minutes, excellent service. We shall almost certainly return if we decide on another caravan type holiday.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Joan M
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for your review. We take all comments seriously both positive and negative. I am sorry you had some slight cleanliness issues and will relay this to the teams manager. I am pleased you found the facilities excellent and that all areas of customer service were responsive and efficient. I am glad you will definitely consider returning and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 23 May 2014

I have been coming to Welcome for the past 4 years and was there 2 weeks ago for a week staying in the casafina, entertainment good as ever but lacked the usual comedy, chitty and 90's reunion was good, but missed the Mr cup of tea man and Andy pandy, all singing week just lacked a little something, terry, Kellie Tara and Kieran I think are well missed, Casafina was awful, so many problems, not cleaned properly was in a dirty state and had to clean myself, front door lock broke, mattress had to be changed after springs started protruding through, reported to reception and maintenance were on it quick as a flash , no faulting them, however on the last night before end of holiday smoke alarm kept going off and no number to call maintenance as couldn't find the booklet couldn't find the fuse box and clubhouse was closed, so made a decision to drive home to Gloucestershire at 1.30am or put up with staying awake all night due to faulty smoke alarm...however despite all of these complaints I will hopefully return next year because they are the best holiday park to stay at hence why I keep coming back .

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you for your review, I am very sorry that you had some issues that impacted on your stay. We do try and take all review comments onboard and I will be sharing your comments with our Houskeeping and Site Managers. I do apologise for the inconvenienced caused by the smoke alarm and that you left in the early hours of the morning. I would also like to thank you for your positive comments and we do hope that you will return.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week while we were on business in the area.
Although we didn't use any of the facilities,such as the pool,club house etc,this park offers extremely good value.
The Premier Inn Paignton wanted £76 per night for a double room & I think we paid around £300 for week-and the room would have housed four people.
Good kitchen facilites,plenty of hot water and heating.
Immaculate gardens and surprisingly quiet.
Walking distance to four pubs/restaurants,fish & chip shops,bakers,mini markets,Chinese takeaway and even a launderete.
Families on a budget would find it very difficult to find a better value holiday than this.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Bigworldsmallwallet

Thank you for your review. I am delighted you found the accommodation, the site and location to your liking. Although, you didn't use the facilities I am very pleased that you found everything we have to offer, as good value for money. We hope to see you again?

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
#1 of 25 in Paignton
Lyme Bay House
Lyme Bay House
#5 of 12 in Dawlish

Been to Welcome Family Holiday Park? Share your experiences!