“We are here again!”

Welcome Family Holiday Park
Andover, United Kingdom
“We are here again!”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed here last year (with the dog) and this time we hired a 3 bedroom lodge. A little expensive but worth paying for. The grandchildren enjoyed the Jolly Roger Club and they loved the pools. We booked to go back later this year (so that the dog gets his holiday too!)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kath T
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for your review. We do take all customer comments seriously and try to take on-board the feedback from our customers. I'm am very happy you enjoyed your lodge and the grandchildren enjoyed the Jolly Roger Club and the pool facilities. We are delighted you will be returning (with your dog) later in the year. Thank you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 June 2014

My family and parents recently stayed here. We arrived and was checked in by the friendly staff at reception. We had booked a lodge as we wanted something a bit more special. To be honest we didn’t feel it was that special, but did have more space than a caravan and also had a toilet coming off the bedroom. We thought there would have been a king sized or even queen sized bed in the lodge but it is just a normal double. The mattress is not the best quality either.

The lodge lacked storage space and there was no hooks for coats and stuff in the hallway.

The lodge was clean but stunk of cigarettes. It took us all week to cover the smell with a spray. We did think of asking to be moved but as it was busy didn’t think it was worth it.

We like the tea and coffee that was out for our arrival and was impressed by the equipment in the kitchen.

The Entertainment is good and we enjoyed the shows. Some reviews mention previous entertainers but we thought they were all really good. The only complaint we have is that some of the games played and was not really what we expected in a family place. Women had to take bras off and there was a game where balloons had to be popped and it was obvious that it had been staged to look really rude.

We played Bingo a couple of times as it can get boring when not playing. It’s a shame it has to be every night but it probably makes a lot of money.

We didn’t have problems getting any seats but sometimes could not see well because the people at the front kept getting up and down. Sometimes they just sat talking which made us wonder why they had bothered to sit at the front.

The prices at the bar are not bad and the meals at the Welcome Bite are good and not expensive.

The beach is nice and near and there is loads to do in the area. There is a big supermarket over the road that sells all the stuff you would need.

We are not sure if we will come back. It is a nice place and although we have some minor moans it is not enough to make us not come back. But we like to see different parts of the country. Maybe one day we will return.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Thank you for your review as we do take all guest comments seriously. I'm sorry that the lodge you stayed in did not meet your expectation. I wish you would have reported the cigarette smell to our reception team who would have relocated you to another unit (if there was space) or would have arranged for our Housekeeping team to rectify the matter. Unfortunately, some guest ignore the rules on smoking inside the units. With regard to the entertainment and bingo, we try and cater for a variety of ages and taste. Thank you for your comments on the welcome refreshment pack, entertainment, cleanliness of your unit plus the food and bar. I'm glad you enjoyed the area. We do hope that you will return in the future.
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived the first week in June so in term time, wasn't too busy but kids made friend with kids in nearby caravans, reception as we arrived was clean with friendly staff, went round to caravan which was also immaculate,linen was great quality too, we had two caravans and while mine was great,my parents smelt really strong of cigarette smoke so had to buy air fresheners, we had also booked caravans next to each other but upon arrival told they weren't but after complaining this was rectified, caravans are clean but tired, they are very basic-I've never stayed in a caravan before and had no tea towel? Also to hire anything u need £10 deposit, I thought towels were included so had to hire them and they charged me £10 deposit plus £2 per 2 towels! I ended up paying £36 deposit for 6 towels!Ridiculous!! Went swimming in pool a couple of times which was nice and again very clean, was quiet which was nice for kids but very grumpy pool staff, my kids got told off for being too noisy while playing in the pool, went to the kids disco a couple of times too, the kids staff are very good altho spend more time chatting to each other mid game so that the younger children found it hard to sit for so long while they messed about, the shows were good for the kids tho, disappointed that bingo was on every night at 8, very old fashioned and boring every night so we didn't go often, playground was good and only short walk to beach which was nice with plenty shops for buckets and spades& souvenirs on the way, supermarket sold anything and everything altho would of preferred a supermarket on site tho for ease, had a good holiday and wouldn't say no to a return visit but have stayed at better sites.

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank FlickWalsh
Thank you for your review as we do take all customer comments seriously. I cannot comment on the booking query you experienced on arrival without all your booking details but I am pleased this was rectified. I'm sorry for your parents unfortunate experience with the smoke smell in their caravan but unfortunately some people ignore the instructions of not smoking inside their accommodation. Despite our cleaners doing all possible to erase these odours after a short while these smells can return. If you had reported this to reception we would have had our housekeeping team who would have happily dealt with this matter . I'm sorry your found our accommodation basic; we do have a wide range of accommodation that suit all types of budgets. In regard to the deposit charges, unfortunately unless we adopt this process we would not be in a position to hire out the variety of items we do. All deposits are refund in cash. I appreciate that Bingo isn't to everyone's liking however, we do try and provide a range of entertainment to suit all ages and taste. I will pass your comments about the entertainment and staff; plus the pool staff to our Entertainment Director and Pool Manager respectively.
Unfortunately, we are governed by the local authority on what can have on site in the way of shops. Thank you for your comments on the linen, caravan cleanliness, pool and entertainment. I'm glad that you enjoyed your holiday and may look to return. Thanks again.
Burnham-On-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Again a lovely weeks holiday. This time with our grandson. He loved the JRC, the swimming and the arcade. The entertainers were also really good with him.

The accommodation was lovely, clean and comfortable. Perhaps a little more storage space could have been welcome. Also proper instructions to use the oven. But then I am old-fashioned so this new-fangled technology was above me.

The park itself was lovely, clean and tidy The staff from maintenance, reception, entertainers and bar staff were really good and helpful, but then I would not have expected anything less.

A slight niggle though, I feel that the quality in The Welcome Bite has deteriorated slightly. I don't know if there is new management but was disappointed that they no longer do their sunday roasts or have their specials board.

Overall just the holiday we expected and knew we would get.

Will be back again. You can't keep us away.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your review as we do try to take on-board all our customer comments. We appreciate your recognition of the helpfulness of all the staff and do try a provide all our customers old and new, with the highest level of customer service. I also appreciate your comments on the cleanliness of your accommodation and the site itself. I'm sorry you were a little disappointed with the food selection of the Welcome Bite. It has been under new management for the past two years (this is their 3rd year) and do amend the menu selection based on customer feedback. I will pass your comments to them.
I'm very glad had such a great time and that you will be back.
Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed a week here and was very please with the site, good pool's, and evening entrainment.
We dont usualy do these sort of holidays as normally go to places in the middle of know here to get away from it all.

However herein Dawlish it's quite easy to still get away from it all.

Site foods were ok and not expensive, and the evening events were very well done. Although we only stayed twice for it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Alan D
Thank you for your review, we do take all customer comments seriously. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and found our facilities, entertainment and the area to your liking. I hope that since you normally do not take this type of holiday that you may come back and stay with us again?
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

The facilities and location of the holiday is spot on. The club entertainment is amazing and throughly enjoyed by all of us (my husband & our 2 daughters)and catered for ALL ages. Fantastic holiday. Will definitely be returning.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank meldenton
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Thank you for your review. I am very happy you found everything to your satisfaction and will be returning. I will pass your comments onto the hard working entertainment team. We look forward to seeing you in the future.
Preston, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a private apartment so cannot comment on accomadition . But the park itself was very clean with lovely night time lit gardens . I did think thier would be more in site it only had pool golf park and the club so you will probably travel out for days out esp if weather not up to much ! We did however love the cruisers club entertainment was very good very safe for the children also . We didn't eat in thier so can't comment on food but thier isn't a resturant as stated the resturant is actully in the club and not much choice it's only like a little snack bar . Oh one thing that was annoying you had to que separate for everything !!! Bingo alchol and children's drinks so we would all go up in each que . Luckily we went with 2 other families so we didn't have time to get bored . Don't stay near the club as walkin home with the 2 other families or chattin outside caravan ppl would get rather annoyed and bang on thier caravans oops :/ . We visited the beach not at all like the pictures shown it was not very nice brown sea water and rubbish . Day out I recommended is woodlands . Pricy at 60 pounds family of 4 but very worth it you do get a 15 percent discount though from reception. Fun day for all make sure you leave early as takes 1hour 20 min get thier . I guarantee you won't be disappointed . I enjoyed it here but not sure I would return .

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for your review. I am glad your overall experience was good. I'm sorry the beach wasn't up to expectation but it will take a little longer to return it to how it was before the huge storm/flooding in Dawlish. The Welcome Bite does provide a wide range of food from snacks, baguettes, pizza, burgers, chilli, curry and fish n chips etc. I'm very pleased you were happy with the cruisers club and entertainment. We do try to take all guest comments on board and hope to see you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
#9 of 11 in Exmouth
The Devon Hotel
The Devon Hotel
#4 of 31 in Exeter

Been to Welcome Family Holiday Park? Share your experiences!