“if you have got the weather its for you”

Welcome Family Holiday Park
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The bungalow we stayed in was spotless. The location excellent. The site itself is clean and well maintained. The pool area is exceptional. Its quiet at night, you could almost think you were on the beach! We stayed in June so we avoided the school holiday rush, i expect it could get a little crowded then.Its about 10 mins from the sea which is fab for children. A good job as we found the on site entertainment lacking for younger children. We saw the 'mascot' once and though the quality of little shows was good it wasnt enough for a 3yr old. We felt it was short of a decent playground and indoor play area. The food was below average in the restaurant, with table space very limited. The staff i cant remember as they didnt really make an impression. We have stayed in better and if we had'nt have had the sun this would have been a very different review.

1  Thank emmaaway
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Thank you for your complimentary comments regarding your accommodation, the pool complex, the location and the appearance and condition of the site. I'm very sorry the entertainment and restaurant wasn't suitable for you and your family. Our entertainment team do try very hard to cater for all taste and ages and we have had very positive comments on the quality of food and service.
Thank you for taking the time to post your review, we do try and take on board all customer comments.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here 21st June for a week, with my new wife and 2 teenagers, in a Casafina lodge. Very impressed with the space, having been used to staying in caravans recently, these are much bigger. Spotless throughout. Very nice site, made to look like a little piece of Spain,well located. Very accomodating staff and good entertainment. One or two of the shows are a bit hit and miss but the team can all sing and throw everything in to it. Only draw back is the club closes from 2pm until 6pm. Missing a trading opportunity, especially as they serve food. Highly reccomend a visit but book direct with the park. Saved £90 on the Hoseasons price.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We really appreciate your comments on the accommodation and the site. The entertainment team do try very hard to please all taste and ages with the shows and games they provide. We do try and take on board all customer feedback and comments. I understand your comments on the club opening hours but we have based this on customer usage over a period of time. Thank you so much for your recommendation of our park and your kind words about all the staff, we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 July 2014

I visited here a week ago and found the staff lovely the food fantastic and the kids entertainment very good for the little ones, I would recommend this holiday park to anyone, with the selection of pools down to the massive seating area in the entertainment area, the meals were a bargain with 2 meals for 10.00 and the choices where very good and very tasty :-)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you very much for your review. We do try and take on board all customer comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and found the facilities and food to your liking. We hope to see you again. Thanks again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We (family and friends) have stayed at the Welcome camp for quite a few years now and we have never been disappointed - in fact it seems to have improved with each passing year. From the minute you arrive the office staff are polite, friendly and very neatly attired which makes a welcome first impression. We called in on the off-chance that our caravan might be available earlier than the appointed check-in time and although it wasn't quite ready, a text message five minutes later confirmed that it was. As we have a labrador that loves exercise, it is the perfect destination for him but the accommodation does not suffer because of its availability to pets. Moreover the one unit we have hired three times now has been greatly improved with new flooring throughout and a smart new flat-screen TV. The grounds, as usual, were immaculately manicured; the entertainment was up to its usual high standard; the cafe within the clubhouse cannot be faulted and we noticed that in the one game of bingo we played - only because it was raining! - the prize money was far more than was on offer at "proper" recognised bingo clubs! It would be churlish to try to pick faults with such a magnificent holiday experience so we we will back again next June as usual!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JockSmudge
Welcome-Family-Park, Guest Relations Manager at Welcome Family Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2014

Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you have been returning for years and continue to enjoy your holidays at the park. I appreciate all your comments and will pass these onto all departments. I'm very pleased you intend to return again next year and we look forward to helping you have a great time. Thank you again.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in a wavesurfer bungalow (Room 316) from Sat 21st-Sat 28th June and really, really enjoyed the whole week! We travelled with a 1 & 2 year old and found the site & location perfect for them, the little ones could play on the grassed area outside whilst we watched from the patio.
The pool & park is lovely for the little ones and the evening kids club kept them amused for a few hours before bed time.
The welcome bite was a big suprise being so cheap and large portions!
The reception staff were more than friendly and advised us to try a daytrip to crealy adventure park which was approx 30 minutes away by car, we brought tickets at the site cheaper than you could get them on line and again enjoyed a really good day out, certainly worth a visit!!
The beach is walking distance and very pretty and the walk into dawlish is pleasant to.
Overall a great week had by all, Thankyou Welcome xx

Room Tip: 316 wavesurfer bungalow has the sunshine on the front patio all day long.
1  Thank Annette S

Thank you for your review. We appreciate you taking the time to do this and try to take on board all customer comments. We are delighted your family enjoyed our facilities and our location. Thank you for your comments on reception and the Welcome Bite. I'm pleased you had a good day out at Crealy's . We do hope you return in the future.

Reviewed 30 June 2014

I always forget to write a review but thought I'll write one now

I used to go here when I was younger d it was great but due to money issue couldn't afford to keep coming back but when I turned 16 (now 20) me and my family manage to save up and start coming back at least twice a year. Dawlish warren is perfect for all ages and is a fun relaxing week away

My most recent visit was last year was last October 2013 and it was such a great week I didn't want to come home.

The caravan was clean and tidy on arrival and had everything we needed for our week. We had plenty of room with 6 of us staying. The only problems we had was sometimes in the shower the hot water didn't stay hot and went to warm but nothing you couldn't handle and the TV is out of sync with the sound but you can only notice if you really pay attention.

On site you have a children park that is very well kept and a free mini golf course that is always fun.

The beach is a 5 minute walk from the caravan site and there is plenty of shops on your way down offering buckets, spades, equipment for the beach, souvenirs for family and friend back home all at reasonable prices. The beach was also very clean spacious and their wasn't that many stones and shells that you normally get with some beaches.

The swimming pool is on site so you can walk from your caravan to the pool in your costume and be fine and even the furthest caravan it's only a 20 second walk. The pool was clean and tidy and do have changing room but I never use them as just go back to the caravan. The lifeguards I feel do chat to much and need to be watching more. The swimming pool can be cold but does warm up once your in and swimming and you forget all about it.

The cruiser club is one of the best parts of my family holiday. The blue coats are amazing at what they do and and love to have a conservation with you and your kids. They make me and my family feel welcome every time we are there. They have bingo for the adults between 8 and 9 which is very popular with the adults and the cruiser club offer a jolly roger club for the children during this time with games and prizes. So you can play bingo while your kids are off having fun too. They also have 2 shows. One at half 7 which is a children show and one about 10 which is for children and adults to enjoy. In between the shows there are children and adults games that the blue coats host and I have been dragged up many times to play the adult ones and it is a laugh. The prices for the food and drinks are reasonable and what you expect to pay. There are also arcades up the stairs so if you or your child are not keen on the entertainment or games then you can just go upstairs and play on the arcades. The security are also very good and will not let any children out the building without an adult so it's peace of mind for you.
I would defiantly suggest going at least 1 night here as you and you children will love it.

The trains and bus stop are close to the caravan site and it is cheap so if you don't want to drive then you don't have to. I manage to go to Paignton zoo and back by train and it only cost a fiver.

The arcades by the beach are amazing and I could spend hours and a lot of money in the. As there is just so much to do.

The boathouse by the beach is defiantly worth a visit great food and prices are ok.

There is a supermarket called Gerald's which is reasonable price and does pretty much the basic for a holiday but if you do need the extras, there is a sainsbury that is a 10 minute drive away.

The bakery that is next to Gerald is amazing and I do go there everyday for a cake and so many to choose from.

There are a lot of days out activities you could do for example Paignton zoo, splashdown water park, woodlands, crealy. Most available to get to by train and if you go reception they can give you a money off voucher for any of the parks above.

This is defiantly the perfect family to go on as suits all ages and it is a fun week away. I'm going down in 4 weeks and I'm 20 and I think I'm more excited than my younger brothers and sister.

Tips I have:
If you are staying in a caravan round the colder months bring an extra blanket as the caravan can get pretty cold at night.

If your shower does play up in the caravan you can use the swimming pool shower this is what i did.

If you are planning to cook using the frying pan.. You might want to bring your own as the one they provide the food starts to stick a lot.

If you have any problem go see the receptionist as they are very quick and professional and will get your problem sorted.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Sonnyy123

Thank you for your review. I am delighted that you enjoy the Welcome Park so much, thank you for coming back again and again. Your review covered all aspects of the park and thank you for your kind words. I hope we will see you again in the near future and I will share your comments with the team. Thanks again.

Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We stopped in a Silver Reef caravan which was very clean and tidy, the kitchen was well equiped and the bedrooms were clean and the beds comfy.
Having a 4 year old who loves swimming is one of the reasons we keep coming back as the pool complex is ideal for him, this is clean and tidy and has attentive lifeguards
We visited the Cruisers club a few times just before the end of the bingo as bingo is not my thing, the fun entertainment before the main show was funny and entertaining, the main shows we saw were very good, Mark the Entertainments Manager has put a lot of effort into this as you can tell by the quality of these shows, we will almost certain return as its location is ideal as we dont drive and bus stops and the railway station is nearby.
Many thanks to all the staff including the chatty gardener who on every visit never ceases to amaze with the gardens being perfect.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for your review. We do try and take on board all our guest comments. I am pleased you found everything to your liking and also that your son enjoyed the pool. I will relay on your kind comments to all departments. Thank you for coming back for the past four years and we do hope you return again.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Trecarn Hotel
#86 of 86 in Torquay
Lady's Mile Holiday Park
Devon Cliffs Holiday Park - Haven

Been to Welcome Family Holiday Park? Share your experiences!