“A lovely restaurant hidden away from town”
Review of The Witches Bowl - CLOSED

The Witches Bowl
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Witches Bowl is run by Husband and Wife team, Arthur and Sue, with their Daughter Gilly. Originally from Essex and with over 25 years of collective experience in catering, they decided to move to the beautiful town of Dawlish to fulfil their ambition of running their own restaurant. Front of House is where you'll normally find Arthur and Sue offering warm welcomes and friendly service and behind the scenes in the kitchen is where you'll find Gilly, preparing and cooking meals fresh to order.
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I ate in this lovely restaurant whilst on holiday in Dawlish, the food was outstanding and cooked to the ultimate perfection and outstanding order by the lovely owners who were friendly and run their restaurant with great pride and go out of their way to be friendly and did the best they possibly could to help me in whatever way they could.
I had the steak and chips and I took the chance by asking if they served fried onions with their meals only to be told no but the owner took the opportunity to fry me a few anyway which was a nice surprise and above all they were friendly like I said before and we talked also which was the makings of a pleasant evening for me.
10-10 all the way from me and I hope to eat in your restaurant again one day, keep up the good work guys.

1  Thank jozk83
There are newer reviews for The Witches Bowl

Reviewed 27 July 2013

Friendly staff always very welcoming, lovely breakfasts which is well cooked. variety of food on menu, reasonably priced, with plenty on your plate.

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Had a Lovely Evening Here on Friday, The food was Great, I had Mullet Fillet with a ginger chilli and lime butter, first time i tried mullet and i loved it friends all loved there food, mussels were lovely to . The service was great nothing was to much trouble really friendly people. will go again when in area next.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

We highly recommend this peaceful, sedate eatery serving very good home-made English cooking. When asked how our meal was, we praised it, but I did mention the dinner plates our meals were served on needed to be warmer so that the meal remained hot as we ate. The owner apologised. We would certainly go again for Lunch, and we've been told by more than one local resident their English breakfasts are an absolute "must."

1  Thank erskine f
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Very good service, very polite and friendly and do a marvellous Christmas carol concert event, well worth going to.