“Excellent food!”
Review of The Witches Bowl - CLOSED

The Witches Bowl
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Witches Bowl is run by Husband and Wife team, Arthur and Sue, with their Daughter Gilly. Originally from Essex and with over 25 years of collective experience in catering, they decided to move to the beautiful town of Dawlish to fulfil their ambition of running their own restaurant. Front of House is where you'll normally find Arthur and Sue offering warm welcomes and friendly service and behind the scenes in the kitchen is where you'll find Gilly, preparing and cooking meals fresh to order.
Dawlish, United Kingdom
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed 2 September 2013

I took my family here on Saturday evening, and I have to say, the food and service were outstanding! The Lamb Shank just fell off the bone, Cajun chicken was spiced to perfection, not overpowering, and well presented, the gammon was huge and the Devon Burgers where home made, not like the muck you get from fast food restaurants....and served on a lovely rustic bread roll. All of us were very impressed and stated how nice it was to eat traditional home cooked food.....I live local, but my Son lives in the Midlands, and he said he hadn't had food like it, when eating out, in a long time............can't wait to try the breakfasts! Highly recommended.

• Visited August 2013

Burton-on-Trent
“Distinctly lacking ...”
Reviewed 24 August 2013

Whilst staying in Dawlish on holiday, I popped in for a coffee with my husband mid morning and waited for some time for machine coffee to be served by an elderly gentleman. We enquired about cakes and were told there weren't any! It seemed to be a meeting place for the elderly and was lacking in atmosphere (not that I've anything against the elderly!). Basic food and drink, and a pleasant little place to look at, though we won't be bothering again ...

Visited August 2013
1 Thank Mimi1664
London
“A lovely restaurant hidden away from town”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

I ate in this lovely restaurant whilst on holiday in Dawlish, the food was outstanding and cooked to the ultimate perfection and outstanding order by the lovely owners who were friendly and run their restaurant with great pride and go out of their way to be friendly and did the best they possibly could to help me in whatever way they could.
I had the steak and chips and I took the chance by asking if they served fried onions with their meals only to be told no but the owner took the opportunity to fry me a few anyway which was a nice surprise and above all they were friendly like I said before and we talked also which was the makings of a pleasant evening for me.
10-10 all the way from me and I hope to eat in your restaurant again one day, keep up the good work guys.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank jozk83
Dawlish, United Kingdom
“friendly”
Reviewed 27 July 2013

Friendly staff always very welcoming, lovely breakfasts which is well cooked. variety of food on menu, reasonably priced, with plenty on your plate.

Visited July 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Great Evening”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Had a Lovely Evening Here on Friday, The food was Great, I had Mullet Fillet with a ginger chilli and lime butter, first time i tried mullet and i loved it friends all loved there food, mussels were lovely to . The service was great nothing was to much trouble really friendly people. will go again when in area next.

• Visited July 2013