Good - electric cooker, fridge-freezer, microwave - clean.
Bit shabby - very 90s, and the bed headboard looked like it could tell a few stories.
Okay - some chest of draws would have been nice but otherwise - it was functional.
But my word: the damp...and the mould...not good.
In fact, the carpeting was so damp that my suitcase was wet when I rested it on the floor.
There was mould growth in the children's room - wholly unacceptable.
One thing I did like: the resident family of swans - but if you feed them - be warned, they remember the good deed and will actually use their beaks to knock on the door in the morning!
This made me giggle.
What didn't make me laugh - the onsite 'entertainment' - the entertainment was actually surreal, I felt like I was time-warped into a "Hi de Hi" sitcom - without the comedy.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hazelwood Holiday Park is a 38 acre family run holiday park. It has plenty of room to play with fishing lakes and grassy areas. There are a range of different types of accommodations to suit all pockets from basic four berth chalets to luxury 3 bedroom Lodges. Week long stays and short breaks are offered all year round. Facilities include a heated outdoor swimming pool open May - September, a Bar and Clubhouse with entertainment during the summer season, 3 fishing lakes, a playground, a Fish & Chip shop, a Launderette and a Londis on-site shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Hazelwood Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hazelwood Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Hazelwood Holiday Park Dawlish, Devon