“definitley different !!!!!1”

Hazelwood Holiday Park
Reviewed 2 July 2013

we spent a week at park 22/06/13 through to 29/06/13,when we entered chalet it was cold and had a damp smell we put on wall heating but it would have been better if we had lit a match,kitchen appliances ok if you had any intention of cooking which I did not (so not a plus). shower head was green obviously cleaning(I digress)was only done on floor level, beds sub-standard pillow shams disgustingly unhygienic,feather pillow on bed which surely is not the done thing ,all bedding should be washable,sofa bed with matching chair must have been taken from someones skip it was disgusting I would not put it in my shed, now on to amenities laundry facilities dour and expensive (would be worse if you had small children) fish and chip shop not open, club expensive, staff serving in bar not happy bunnies,up until Wednesday only two entertainers performing at club ,as there were hardly any patrons at club entertainers were struggling! singing was not to bad but same thing just different songs for 7 nights is more than a human can cope with,then a new girl joined the entertainment duo, O.M.G.she looked so bored I I really felt for them because they really had not got an audience,as we did not have children with us I cannot comment on what there was for them.staff at londis shop did not seem to be enjoying there stay either I don't think I saw one smile or even bother to converse ,I have been to a lot of holiday parks but this one is one we would never visit again yes it is cheap enough ,but as they say you only get what you pay for and at hazelwood !!!!!!!!!! PS no facilities in bathroom for toiletries bath un-usable it was pitted and grubby,no wardrobes in bedrooms which to me is a minus .etc! etc!

Room Tip: don't visit this park
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank susan d
HazelwoodPark, Owner at Hazelwood Holiday Park, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I was sorry to read here that you were unhappy with your holiday in June.

I would haved loved the oportunity to have met you while you were here to try and resolve all the issues you had. We have many accommodation styles one of which may have suited you and your family better. We are an independant family business and in that repect we are personally disapointed when people have a bad experience on our park.

We always strive to have the accommodation in a perfect condition when our customers arrive, but we appreciate that things can go wrong so we have a team of people waiting to deal with custom issues on check-in and throughout their stay. It's unfortunate that we unaware that our usual high standards had dropped in your case.

During quieter weeks the free entertainment in the Clubhouse is scaled down with a full schedule in place during the Summer Holidays and our Themed Weeks. Within walking distance local pubs and restaurants at the Warren Resort can offer an alternative.

There are newer reviews for Hazelwood Holiday Park

Reviewed 6 June 2013

Not long wrote a review for this hotel but as we have just come back again and had such a great time I think it is appropriate. As we went in the school bank holiday week it was very busy and alot of children were in the complex. The room was great, we stayed in a hazelwood accomodation, omly thing I'd say is that the double bed could be a bit bigger. The eating area/ kitchen/ living area were nice and clean with everything you need. The bathroom and shower and bath facilities were great and also very clean. The clubhouse was great, good prices for beer and good childrens entertainment and bingo which we took part in,. The adults entertainmnet isnt the best but I would highly reccomend watching Elvis aka jimmy collins. The staff are great and friendly and I cannot fault hazelwood at all. Its a great place to stay in a lovely location. Dawlish warren resort itself is beautiful especially when you get the weather like we did. Few pubs and restaurants to look out for are the mount pleasant, the boathouse, the welcome inn and swans nest which is just past starcross on the way to exeter. I would recommend a trip into dawlish aswell as teignmouth, shaldonm and torquay. Lovely place and I have been coming here most of my life and have already booked again for next may. Love it.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank JackCowsill
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My last review was about the cleanliness of the lodge we stayed in.
We have had conversations with the management at the park and they very kindly gave us 25% of our money back.
The park is very nice and safe for children, good location and reasonably priced.
We would go back again.

Room Tip: Lodges are the best accommodation and hot tubs are great even in the winter
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This site is for the over 50's - not suitable for families (You get a different impression from the website though). I felt a little let down when we arrived as we have a young child and there was no entertainment for children, pool wasn't open (but it was green so I wouldn't have let him swim in there if it was open anyway) and there was one slide and climbing frame. The "club house" was dire and held bingo every night (Indicating the age group here) - the chippy on site was't good either (we visited the chippy at the site over the road and that was a million times better).

Having said all the above the 3 bedroom lodge we stayed in was brilliant - spacious - great view .
If you like holidays where opening till late is 8.00pm, fishing and bingo then you will love this site - if you have children over 3 years old then they will be really bored.

Overall we had a good holiday because we were out and about visiting places but it would of been nice to have more to do at night - The site is great value for money.

Room Tip: Lodges all the way
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank Sarah K
Reviewed 8 May 2013

Very good value for money. You get what you pay for really. This was a cheap getaway for family and friends and we had no complaints. Reception staff were friendly on arrival. We stayed in a hazelwood lodge, it was clean, although I did take some anti bacterial wipes with me and give it a once over. The entertainment in the evening was poor, but it was very early on in the season and only a few people in the club house so you can expect this for an april stay. No doubt this will pick up in higher season. All in all we enjoyed our stay here, we cannot complain for the price we paid.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed at hazelwood park 15-19th april.We arrived at one oclock and we could get into lodge straight away. The reception staff were very friendly. WE stayed in two bedroom lodge 15 curlew. It was lovely and very clean. We had a lovely holidays so quiet and relaxing and lovely scenery. The bed was very comfortable. So will give it 10 out of 10.

Room Tip: pick the lodges
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank smilesheila
Reviewed 13 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed at hazelwood park 8-12th April in one of their chalets, a hazelwood chalet. Upon arrival we found the chalet to be clean, but was very cold. The next morning we asked at reception about a heater and within 5 mins we had an additional heater delivered. The small heaters on the walls do work but take a day to heat up the chalet. After this the place was always snug and warm. The bedding, pillows etc are comfy, beds ok. Lovely shower and big bath. Every morning we enjoyed a lovely pot of tea at the table by the big window. Very well stocked kitchen, everything you could need. We ate in 2 nights, and out for 2. One night while making dinner a swan came knocking on the kitchen window for a bit of food. Clubhouse was ok, not too busy but season hasn't really started yet. Lovely staff at this site, the bar staff very nice, the entertainment staff nice, we did go to other sites though for their entertainment. Good location, lovely views. Shop on site for essentials. Would return to this site, having stayed at others in dawlish warren, I find this to be my preference. Also thanks for the wifi, which was playing up so was offered to us for free. Staff on reception were nice, friendly and helpful. Look forward to returning again hopefully later this year :-)

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Leannepog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dawlish
Langstone Cliff Hotel
Exeter Court Hotel
Exeter Court Hotel
#1 of 1 in Kennford
Lady's Mile Holiday Park

Been to Hazelwood Holiday Park? Share your experiences!