My partner has been holidaying in Dawlish with his family for 33 years now, I have been going for the last 3 and coming from Blackpool to holiday on another beach in Devon is not appealing to most however Dawlish Warren is just fabulous.
There is lots to do for families, admittedly for a young couple it can be a bit too quiet, but once you find your feet then you will realise that there is a lot to do.
The beach is well maintained, the Warren itself has a lot for children to do and some good go-karts for the bigger kids and the pubs nearby serve good qoality food (the Smugglers Inn is a personal favourite). It is also worth phoning in advance as many pubs allow pets in which is great.
The only thing that I dislike usually during our stay is the poor entertainment in the Hazelwood bar. Last time they decided that at 9pm suitable entertainment was the young "reps" singing Disney songs. This needs looking at really however is the only thing that lets it down. The bar now serves food through the day however a little hatch or BBQ area near the pool might bring a few more bodies in?
The beds are quite small and we have had bunk beds before with broken ladders but if you alert staff to anything you find an issue with they are very quick at responding and putting it right.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hazelwood Holiday Park is a 38 acre family run holiday park. It has plenty of room to play with fishing lakes and grassy areas. There are a range of different types of accommodations to suit all pockets from basic four berth chalets to luxury 3 bedroom Lodges. Week long stays and short breaks are offered all year round. Facilities include a heated outdoor swimming pool open May - September, a Bar and Clubhouse with entertainment during the summer season, 3 fishing lakes, a playground, a Fish & Chip shop, a Launderette and a Londis on-site shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Hazelwood Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hazelwood Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Hazelwood Holiday Park Dawlish, Devon