This was our first stay at this park, but were aware of the general layout and facilities and also the ducks and geese, having stayed previously at two of the nearby parks. We opted for a Hazelwood chalet as these were near the entrance and were given no 18 which is probably a bit under 100 yards away, so quite OK. The allocated car park was close to the wall next to the road, but we were able to get the car much nearer the chalet for unloading when we arrived and loading before leaving.
The chalet was clean and comfortable, the bed on the small side but we managed fairly easily. The kitchen area was quite large with plenty of worktop space, table and 4 dining chairs. The lounge was of average size with an armchair and a 2 seat sofa, which was fine as there were just the 2 of us. Also a good sized bathroom with bath and shower and electric heating throughout.
One thing that stood out for us was how quiet the park was, probably the quietest we have experienced. The facilities consist of a shop, launderette, open-air pool, clubroom and takeaway. The clubroom is obviously small, but we didn`t get a look at it as it is closed most of the time, opens about 7 p.m. apparently - no use to us as we normally have our meal earlier and have no particular interest in the entertainment. We used the takeaway a couple of times, and preferred it to Penaligons down the road which we feel is overrated. The shop is quite well stocked and is one of two mini-marts on the main road. There is a Sainsbury supermarket in the area, most people seem to drive there, but it can be reached on foot along the path at the rear of the park`s Londis shop.
We love Dawlish Warren and enjoyed our stay at this park so much that before we left, we booked for a similar time next year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hazelwood Holiday Park is a 38 acre family run holiday park. It has plenty of room to play with fishing lakes and grassy areas. There are a range of different types of accommodations to suit all pockets from basic four berth chalets to luxury 3 bedroom Lodges with hot tubs. Week long stays and short breaks are offered all year round. Facilities include a heated outdoor swimming pool open May - September, a Bar and Clubhouse with entertainment during the summer season, 3 fishing lakes, a playground, a Fish & Chip shop, a Launderette and a Central on-site shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with PitchUp so you can book your Hazelwood Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hazelwood Holiday Park Hotel Dawlish
- Hazelwood Holiday Park Dawlish, Devon