“Great pub food” 4 of 5 bubbles

The Boathouse
Ranked #6 of 51 Restaurants in Dawlish
Price range: US$4 - US$17
Cuisines: Pub, Bar, British, Grill
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Drinks, Brunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are a family friendly, family run freehouse bar and restaurant right on the seafront at Dawlish Warren. We provide everything from Seattles Finest Coffees to a full menu that covers lunchtime snacks to hearty main courses and desserts to die for. We have a separate childrens menu and a free soft play area for our younger guests. Along with a great range of local ales, we have a full range of lagers, bitters and ciders both draught and bottled. Our wines are a great blend of classics and new world. We are happy to welcome any four legged friends in our lower bar area and outside balconies as long as they are happy to mix with our other guests. With stunning views of the surrounding coastline and just two minutes from the sandy beaches, The Boathouse is a perfect venue for any occasion
west midlands
“Great pub food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

Went here for some dinner after work and I knew what I was getting pub food. It's in a great spot over looking the sea, the menus pretty good, good varity etc, I chose a chilli dog for a change, now either who wrote the menu or the chef forgot but it came without chilli, initially told the jalapeños were the chilli which I laughed at but carol who was the duty manager I think noticed I wasn't impressed and took it back and got the chef to put some chilli con carne on and it tasted fabulous, top class customer service from a very pleasant lady, the others had smothered chicken and pulled pork both really nice
Good to see a member of staff going above what's expected

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jamesharvey3

Weston-super-Mare, United Kingdom
“Stop for coffee”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

When staying in Dawlish Warren we often call in for a coffee before walking along the sea wall into Dawlish, or a quick pint when heading back to the caravan. The service is friendly and there are good views from the first floor area.

Visited July 2014
1 Thank k r
“So impressed with the food & staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I just wanted to say how the staff that were working yesterday were truely excellent. Friendly, helpful, kind, chatty, hard working & well turned out. The manager impressed with his smart well ironed uniform, his friendly manner & hard work.
The children really enjoyed the children's menu and ate all of the yummy food cooked for them. I equally enjoyed my burger meal & my fiance said that his mixed grill was delicious & cooked perfectly.
Excellent job, well done. :-D

2 Thank emylou81
Manchester, United Kingdom
“love it!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was fab! perfect for a family as there is an indoor play area! spectacular view of the sea too. Fab food and great service

Visited June 2014
2 Thank emmaaway
Cubbington
“Lovely Beer!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

It makes a refreshing change to visit a "holiday makers'" pub and find a choice of good quality, hand-pulled ales. I have visited the village at least twice a year for the last five or more years and have NEVER seen anyone complain about the food, which is pub grub but well done, if, as others have stated, a little pricey. But the stunning location is worth it. The young (well, I am very grey) bar staff have always been welcoming and admirably informed about the ales.
Do be aware you townies, much of the trade is gone by half-nine, so do not be surprised to find it closed by 10.15pm! I just adjust and go out a bit earlier than is my home habit. It's worth it.

• Visited October 2013