“Average Chinese”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dawlish, England, United Kingdom
“Average Chinese”
Reviewed 29 September 2013

The food is ok (definitely not the worst Chinese by far!), but I prefer Ho Shing better. They do deliver though, which is a bonus!

Visited August 2013

Horsham
“Holiday Takeaway meal”
Reviewed 22 September 2013

Take Away not to miss:
I would just like to say that this takeaway is one of the best I have come across. I arrived in Dawlish Warren, on Sat 21st from Horsham in West Sussex. We are staying at the Lady's Mile Caravan Park, which is excellent. Today Sunday we past the Mei Lai but it was closed, so went back at 6.30pm and to my amasement the shop was bustling with activity, plenty of staff, so no waiting around. Staff where happy, very friendly and genuinally please to see me. I ordered Set meal A for 2 people. It took less than 10 minutes and I was on my way back to the wife with our evening meal.
Well my taste buds where singing with excitement and they where not disappointed, the meal was plentifull, perfectly cooked and now I am too full to move. With Rum and Coke in hand I am now fully satisfied and a very happy man.
#Delivery is availably and the telephone number is 01626 862226.
I shall be back for more before the end of the week. Thank you one and all for our meal.

• Visited September 2013
Leeds, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nasty”
Reviewed 7 September 2013

We had a meal from here a few days ago it was justr horrible we sent it back for a refund!
The food was very greasy and we couldn't eat it at all I would never go back

Visited September 2013
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A tad expensive”
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Great food, extremely good food. As some mention here, there is little in the way of Chinese food in Dawlish. It's just over priced.

• Visited August 2013
Salford, United Kingdom
“Overpriced”
Reviewed 15 August 2013

This takeaway has little competition in the area and it shows, every single dish on the menu is at least a pound too expensive.

You could forgive that if the food was good but frankly it isn't. The Prawn Toast and Seaweed are the worst I've ever tasted, the seaweed was underseasoned and swimming in grease, the prawn toast was tasteless and burnt. Though both of them were of a higher standard than the Singapore Chow Mein which was dreadful. Having said all that, to be fair to them their Chicken and Mushroom soup was very good hence the review is two rather than one star. Given the number of staff it seems too many cooks spoil everything but the broth.

For very little more than the prices we paid here we could have eaten vastly superior food in a few local pubs, this place would be closed in six months if it was in a city centre somewhere. It's the worst of localism, it knows it has a captive audience and rather than taking pride in the product it's complacent and chiselling. A massive disappointment.

• Visited August 2013