“Great home-cooked food.”
Review of The Strand Cafe

The Strand Cafe
Ranked #5 of 52 Restaurants in Dawlish
Price range: US$3 - US$10
Description: A family run Cafe in the heart of Dawlish. We offer a great selection of Breakfast items as well as sandwiches, paninis or lighter lunches. If you are looking for something totally homemade come in our try our afternoon treats including scones, cakes and biscuits. We also offer alcoholic beverages as well as a fantastic smoothie and milk shake range. We have the best outside seating area in Dawlish where smoking is permitted. On our cooler days, dogs are most welcome inside.
Starcross, United Kingdom
“Great home-cooked food.”
Reviewed 11 March 2013 via mobile

If you're a fan of home-baked cakes and others treats, then The Strand Cafe is going to be right up your street.

The service is always impeccable and the cafe is always very clean and tidy. The cooked breakfast is wonderful (butcher's sausages, not catering sausages!), whilst my favourite litebite is the Cheese & Devon Chutney toasted sandwich.

Dawlish, United Kingdom
“Great buildings, shame about the shops”
Reviewed 29 October 2012

The Strand is due for refurbishment in 2013. I hope that they make the shops update their frontages. There is also a need for more upmarket provision.

Visited October 2012
1 Thank Maigemu
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Quaunt cafe”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

Very friendly staff, speedy service. Great bacon baps and lovely cream teas. Good value considering the location. Varied menu of simple foods. Nice area outside for better weather days.

• Visited July 2012
A Sunny Island
“Good location in the centre of Dawlish”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

we called in here as the heavens open friend was desperate for the toilet (said it was clean), we had two drinks and two food items bill £15.00. Friendly and helpful staff. It was clean. There are tables outside for people who smoke.

Food you could have sandwiches, jacket potatoes, some hot food, cakes

• Visited June 2012
Funchal, Portugal
“Clean toilets, food mixed....good location”
Reviewed 25 June 2012

I ate here with a friend whilst visiting area.We ordered one jacket potato with prawns and a toasted cheese and onion sandwich. The toasted sandwich came with a few crisps and salad garnish and was well filled about £5, I had the jacket potato £5.75 I think with salad garnish (asked without peppers and dressing which it came without, but the negative comment I would make is when I broke open the jacket potato there were several black parts in the potato (its was not potato eyes and really I dont think it should have been served, I was only able to eat part of it). I didn't complain, as I was parked for an hour (maxiumum street parking time) and was concious of the time. I asked for sparkling mineral water, but they only do still. Drinks had one mineral water and one coke, bill was around £14, quite expensive I think for what we had. Toilets were clean, the cafe looked cleaned, there is a smoking area outside and a bowl of water supplied for the dogs.. I think generally it would have been better value to have a cooked meal. Staff friendly.

• Visited June 2012