“Superb”

Ranked #18 of 56 Restaurants in Dawlish
Price range: US$3 - US$16
Cuisines: Fast food
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Best chippy in the South West by far! Succulent, flaky meaty cod with crispy batter. Like fish and chips should be. You rarely find proper fish and chip shops like this anymore. Shop was clean and tidy, good customer service and the food was well presented.

1  Thank Portia W
There are newer reviews for Penaligons Plaice

Reviewed 20 June 2014

I popped in for sum chips only to find black pud fried in batter (great) Add a large sausage in batter. It was all cooked well in clean conditions. YES THE BEST IN DAWLISH.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

The food here is fine, and it would be nice to try more of it, but they seem to be permanently shut. Perhaps we have just been unlucky with the times we have visited.

Penaligon, Owner at Penaligons Plaice, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Hi I own 50% of the business with my Mother I am a silent partner apologies we weren't open much earlier i the year my Nan on my Mum's side slowly died of cancer which was diagnosed last year and whilst my Mum was looking after her in her dying months we made the decision not to employ temporary staff as our hygiene and quality standards may have dropped. I can confirm that as my Nan has now passed we are currently open 7 days a week and hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Called in whilst down that way on holiday, nice to see 5 star rating in the window however, found we were queue jumped by a relative who was served quicker!! After then waiting for fish to be cooked the fish wasn't actually included in our bag of food!!! Paid £12 but then after getting back into our caravan and serving up only realised and too late to then return - spoilt our meal and made the Chips and sausages being very expensive. Chips weren't that nice either.

Reviewed 27 April 2014

we had a lovely bag of chips from here and would go back again if we go back to the area. The staff were friendly and the chips with lovely and hot and freshly cooked. it was lovely sitting on a wall eating them, very much recommended