What a wonderful place, I mean the pub and Exmoor. We stayed here recently during the Autumn and had a marvelous time.
The countryside is just amazing, such beautiful colours on the moor.
We had long walks and returned to
log fires and an even warmer welcome from Cathryn & Sarah. Our bedroom (room 2) was newly refurbished and spotlessly clean. They don't allow dogs to stay in the bedrooms so there wasnt that whiffy smell you sometimes get from places that do.
We met some nice people and the ambience in the pub was full of oldy worldy charm. We will try to come again maybe in the springtime to see what a different season brings,
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, Devon