Just spent two nights at this beautiful place. Quite simply heaven. River/rapids flow by outside while a wood fire burns away inside. Had a home-made steak and ale pie (chips, veggies, gravy) with my pint on the first night which was as good as I've had and the service was spot-on. On our second day, after a morning's driving (and lunch - ham, egg and chips), we treated ourselves to an afternoon snooze (we're over 50, it's allowed!). Breakfast was as it should be - big and British. Would like to return VERY soon for at least 3/4 full days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd and Ebookers so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, Devon