We stayed here over Easter and it was a really relaxing stay. The location is very quiet and remote. The highlights are the river and fishing. Don't stay here thinking that you will be in a village. This is a hamlet and we based our stay around the Inn. The rooms are comfortable and well appointed with cable TV with a few channels, and nice and warm during the cold weather. There is free wifi throughout the hotel as there is no phone signal for about 5 miles in any direction. The bar has real ales and great ciders. The food is outstanding and a highlight of the stay. The adjoining area has some wonderful walks along the East Lyn River and Watersmeet is 45 mins stroll downstream. Will return!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, Devon