I have to state from the start that I did not stay at The Rockford Inn - but certainly would based on the friendly staff, and great location. It is far enough out in the countryside to feel like you are million miles away from the stresses of life, but equally as close to Lynton and Lynmouth, Porlock and Simonsbath. Really this is in an ideal location if you want to explore lots of country walks.
I'm really writing to say thank you to the lovely lady behind the bar today who served me and family during a family day out. My boyfriend was driving separately to meet us and got lost. Not only did she helpfully direct me to the pay phone, and signal hotspots; she kept my food hot whilst I had to locate lost boyfriend! I really appreciated it, and found this helpful in what could have ruined the day! Thank you so much!
The food was delicious, and my gran, who is a very picky eater ate it all!
Overall I would really recommend this lovely inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, LateRooms, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, Devon