The Rockford Inn
  • Bar/Lounge
US$127
US$160
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe pubthe riverpizzagreat foodsteakpieswooded valleyevening mealwarm welcomehighly recommend a stay hereresidents loungethere are so manyos maphuge varietycheese boardopen fireoff the menu
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We stayed for 2 nights and nothing was too much trouble. Very welcoming, warm & cosy, comfortable room & bed. Food was excellent. Brilliant location for walking.lovely tranquil spot beside the river. We plan to return.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2014

From fishing rights on the adjacent river, to facilities for walkers' mucky boots, this small, but perfectly formed INN is both functional and charming,Very well equipped rooms, good breakfasting area, welcoming bar with log fire and an acceptable choice of malt whisky.
The service is personal, welcoming and unobtrusive.
Breakfast was extensive and well cooked, as was the evening meal we enjoyed.
Well done Catherine and Sarah for surpassing the high standards you set.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank john_abw_harris
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We only ate at the inn but the reception from the landlady was welcoming and the food was very good.
For those real ale drinkers out there, the beer is served straight from the barrels behind the bar and is well kept.
If you want to eat here, go early as the kitchen closes just after 8pm in the winter and it's best to book as it seems to be busy food wise most evenings.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

A very beautiful setting, great food, lovely characterful bar, cosy log fires and friendly staff. What could be better? We stayed here for 3 nights on recommendation and were not disappointed. Loved the food, and everything we ate was very good value too. Breakfast is delicious. I guess if someone held a gun to my head and asked what could have made it absolutely perfect, I would have to say - some proper soap in the bathroom rather than just a medicated hand-wash (my skin is a bit too sensitive to use that on my whole body when having a shower) - or alternatively provide another shower gel tube after the first night, as we needed a couple of showers and baths, what with muddy walks etc, so ran out after a day and a half! (But if we'd really been bothered about this we would have just asked for some and I'm sure the friendly staff would have provided it.) Everything else was flawless - in fact, I wanted to stay for much longer and I'm sure we'll be back! Thank you, everyone at Rockford Inn - Leonie and Jonathan

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leonie001
Reviewed 19 January 2014

From the moment me and my boyfriend arrived we were made to feel welcome. Our room was well presented with a lovely view of the river.
The owner (unsure of her name) was friendly and helpful and helped us to plan our day out in Exmoor.
Great food, a lovely open fire and welcoming atmosphere. I genuinely have nothing negative to say about our stay here and look forward to visiting again.
If your looking to get away from city life and have some time out in the country then this Inn is a gorgeous place to stay,

Room Tip: We had a standard double which suited us fine.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple