My husband and I were lucky enough to stay at the Rockford Inn for our wedding anniversary at the weekend. We wanted to stay somewhere in a remote location for some peace and quiet and the Rockford exceeded our expectations.
The welcome as soon as we arrived was fantastic, I wish I'd got the barmaids name as she was lovely and chatty. In fact everyone we encountered at the Inn over the two days was wonderful, the chef was friendly and the owner was possibly one of the most bight and cheery people we had ever met, she made us feel so at home and like nothing would be too much trouble!
Our room was great, clean and fresh with a beautiful view overlooking the river.
The pub itself is lovely, a proper old fashioned pub with a lovely (slightly more modern) lounge. We imagined sitting there in the winter with the fire roaring after a long walk!
We ate in the pub on the Saturday night and both had steak, which were cooked to perfection. The starters were fabulous too as was the bottle of wine we chose. In the nicest possible way we expected "pub grub" from a old fashioned Inn but the food we received was incredible, compliments to the chef! We wished we'd been staying longer so we could experience more of the menu! Breakfast was fantastic too with a wide choice which set us up for a day of exploring Devon.
All in all we wished we'd been staying longer, the Inn offers exceptional value for money and we will be back in the winter! Thank you for a lovely anniversary weekend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, LateRooms, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, Devon