Stayed at the Rockford for three nights, wish it was longer! The setting is beautiful, very quiet and sits beside a river. The room was very clean and modern, we had a room to the side of the inn, so couldn't see the river. Breakfast in the morning was freshly cooked and plentiful, Catherine is very attentive and offers more tea, coffee and toast. We ate here in the evening, delicious food, very large portions! My husband had the steak and stilton pie one night and declares it was the best pie he had eaten! I tried for 2 nights to have desert and only achieving it on the last night, having the apple and rhubarb crumble with custard, again delicious! Sarah is an excellent chef. Enjoyed our stay and if we visit that area again we would defiantly return to the Rockford Inn.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, Devon