Just returned from 2 nights at the Rockford Inn, the location is lovely, very peaceful and pretty scenary with great walks on your doorstep. All staff very helpful and friendly, ate here one night and food was nice also as was breakfast. Stayed in room 4 which was a little small and the bed creaked horrendously with every movement! Only other thing was that the bathroom could do with a blind as the net curtain doesnt really do a great job at night if you want the light on. Aside from that everything else in room was fine. Parking is quite a pain, we went out one evening and had nowhere to park on return so had to double park and wait for someone to leave the pub which was a bit aggravating. Overall it is a good base for exploring Exmoor and is a good tradtional place as long as you aren't looking for every modern luxury. Enjoyed the stay and would recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Traditional 17th-century country inn set in the picturesque Brendon Valley deep in the heart of Exmoor National Park in Devon. Popular with farmers and ramblers alike, this riverside pub overlooks waterfalls and wooded gorges in a remote and isolated spot. We provide simple accommodation, good food, real ales served direct from the cask, log fires and permits to fish for salmon & trout in the East Lyn River. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers and LateRooms so you can book your The Rockford Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Rockford Hotel Brendon
- The Rockford Inn Brendon, Devon