“Absolutely Outstanding”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Combe Martin
Blair Lodge Guest House
Ranked #2 of 15 Combe Martin B&B and Inns
Reviewed 30 June 2012

I'm very apprehensive about writing this review because if I tell the truth so many people will want to stay there that we probably won't be able to book again. Therefore I feel that I must suitably moderate my comments, so here goes;-
Rachel and Nick are fantastic hosts. They are welcoming, helpful and full of information regarding places to visit etc. Absolutely nothing is too much trouble.
Rachel's evening meals are to die for !. To stay there without sampling her excellent cooking is to miss a real treat. The breakfasts are delicious, with a good choice of dishes including an excellent full English.
The way that they care for their guests is outstanding, for example, my wife has mobility problems so Nick fixed a safety-grip handle to the wall of the shower, I am on a minimum dairy diet so Rachel took pains to ensure that meals were prepared accordingly (soya milk etc).
The hotel is clean, comfortable and definitely great value
This is our third stay at Blair Lodge and it certainly won't be our last ( if we can still manage to book !)..

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank benji53

Reviewed 26 June 2012

I had a lovely stay at Blair Lodge. The b&b was nicely decorated, very clean and great value. Rachel and Nick were fantastic hosts and did a great job of catering for my friends vegan diet and were supportive of her charity walk. I would highly recommend the evening meal which was delicious. I enjoyed everything about my stay at Blair Lodge.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 June 2012

We stayed here for one night and found the owners very welcoming. The room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was good.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Outstanding breakfasts; kippers, smoked haddock, fresh fruit and continental as well as an excellent full English. We didn't try the evening meals but those who did said they were excellent and at £13 for two courses good value. The bar is a bonus for weary walkers at the end of one of the tougher days on the SWCP and the choice of packed lunches is excellent and again good value for money. Friendly, helpful hosts who will do your laundry too for £1 per item. The only niggle was our room was a bit on the small side for two people with walking gear plus luggage and the bedroom room and bathroom could have done with a a couple of shelves and hooks to compensate, very comfy bed though and lots of hot water for a long soak in the bath. Close to the harbour, the SWCP plus a free car park so a good location all round.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2012

This is the fourth time my wife and I have stayed at Blair Lodge. As usual, Nick and Rachel were wonderful hosts. They help you in any way they can. From advice on walks to the offer of lifts to and from places, nothing is too much trouble. The best way I can explain it is that you feel like your staying with friends rather than as guests. I cannot recommend Blair Lodge enough.

Room Tip: If you can, get a room at the front of the hotel. The view of the bay is lovely.
1  Thank Ken S
Reviewed 6 June 2012

We stopped off one night here while walking the SWC path. Although we were late arriving, Rachel and Nick were very welcoming. The dinner was delicious and Rachel did an excellent job of remembering our special dietary needs. The room was clean and comfortable. We enjoyed the stay and would recommend the Blair Lodge.

Room Tip: The room we got was nice even though it was not one of the sea view rooms but I would recommend the...
1  Thank sarah d
Reviewed 31 May 2012

Recently returned from a 5 day visit to Coombe Martin and a second stay at Blair Lodge. As before we were extremely impressed at the lengths Nick and Rachel go to to make their guests welcome and comfrtable.We stayed in room 3 again and were pleasantly surprised to find it re-furbished.Rachel's evening dinners are fabulous-tasty and varied . Highly recommendable for comfort ,cleanliness and a quiet,peaceful break.

Room Tip: If possible ask for a seaview room
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple