Had I read the reviews in advance I wouldn't have bothered going, unfortunately I didn't read the reviews until after I arrived.
My family of 4 stopped in a silver primula caravan which should be capable of sleeping 6 people. My wife and I slept in the "main bedroom" (which I couldn't walk round the bed due to a lack of space), two would sleep in the lounge and my two young children slept in second bedroom that I couldn't even get into as it was that small.
The site and the caravan was very run down and could probably do with demolishing.
The interior of the caravan shabby and very depressing and smelt of a damp dog, to the extent that even the clothes we didn't wear had to be washed when we got home. The caravan was cold and drafty whereby we couldn't even dry out our towels when having had a shower.
The clubhouse had a great view over the Coombe Martin bay, unfortunately it was let down by the interior which was very depressing and the food which was total rubbish. The kitchen was on view, which came complete with a freezer and 4 (yes 4) microwaves. My wife sent her pie back, only to be told that all the food was "cooked" for the same time. She refused the offer of having another pie and got a refund instead. I battered cod was so dried up that I bent my knife trying to cut it.
I don't know the difference between gold and silver caravans, except that BBC1 wouldn't work on our television. I dread to think what bronze would be like.
The only saving grace was that we paid £180 last minute for 3 nights, rather than the quoted £360.
I don't know if we expected too much from from our stay or whether or not this is the "norm" and people put up with this.
I have never been on a holiday where it is great to be back home.
Still on the plus side, alot of reviewers had a far worse experience than my family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Combe Martin Holiday Park is situated in the heart of a North Devon valley. The site and its surrounding woodlands provide an excellent area for kids to play and adults to relax. The kids’ play area, our Sea Spray Club (great for a meal or drink) and access to our private beach are all within easy reach of your holiday accommodation, provide the perfect North Devon holiday.The park overlooks Combe Martin public beach as well as our very own private Newberry beach, where you can spend the day relaxing in the sun whilst the kids play in the sea nearby. In the evening, you can enjoy a variety of entertainment in the free clubhouse. Bingo, party games and folk singers are all regular events to keep you entertained throughout your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com so you can book your Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- John Fowler Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park Hotel Combe Martin
- Combe Martin Beach Holiday Park Devon